Saturday, March 19, 2011

What did you do today?

What did you do today to enjoy this beautiful weather?  I hope you were able to spend time with friends and family.  I know we have enjoyed our time spent outside (which is pretty much all day around here).  I do wish the wind would subside some!  I gave Skooter (our male Yorkie) a bath tonight and the water immediately turned yellow.  Gross I know!  Pretty sure it is from all the pollen in the air.  Or, it could be from rolling in cow poop.  Who knows!  Ha!

This morning we got up and started cleaning out our storage container that had some remnants of the house fire that needed to be gone through.  Joy!  I spent most of my morning going through old photos deciding what was salvageable and going through all my teacher/administrator self help, motivational books I collected over the years.  None of the books were salvageable but I at least could write down all the titles so I could remember what I had so I could replace those that mattered most!  It was kind of fun to look back at pictures of Robin, Taylor, Blaze and Blade when they were little.  So precious!  And, I had so many from my high school days.  Those of you who read this…all I can say is wow!  We were so cute!  ;-)  I didn’t remember my hair being to my rear end!  It was so long!  And seeing pictures of Mom.  She is so skinny now and looks SO different!  And found pictures of a college spring break trip to Panama City, FL.  Oh my.  Ha!  And pictures of a cruise taken with some great teacher friends.  So fun!  It was sad to see pictures thrown away because I couldn’t pull them apart but it was fun to look at those that portrayed our life over the past 15 years. 

For lunch, I made PW’s famous Marlboro Man’s Sandwich

DSC_0670 DSC_0671

It was quite easy and quick and pretty tasty too!  Jeff thought it was fabulous!  A man’s meal for sure!  Ha!  I will add more Worcestershire and Tabasco next time.  Even with all the butter, it didn’t have quite enough flavor for me.  (I made it from the cookbook and it didn’t tell you how much to add.  The website has more details so I would have known to add more Worcestershire if I would have looked online.) 

Tonight after Hayden went to bed, I emptied all the dirt out of my planting pots and did a little spray painting.  Mom gave these two pots to me last year and I spray painted them white.  When, I went to Lowes yesterday, I kept eyeing some large green pots.  So, I bought some spray paint at Walmart yesterday.  Tonight, I put a green coat on them.  Not really the green I was going for unfortunately.  So, I will go back to the store for a different green.

DSC_0673 DSC_0674

I got these flowers for my pots yesterday at Lowes.  They were 94 cents for a 6 pack.  Such a good deal!  We are going to be putting in a new flowerbed soon and I could hardly contain myself.  I love planting new flowers! 

DSC_0675

Hope you have a great rest of the weekend! 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I will have to try that sandwich! I bet Phil would like that too!!

I want to do our flower beds!! Just haven't gotten around to it! May have to wait till next year (again)!!!