Friday, March 18, 2011

The alphabet wall in its making…

I love the way Hayden’s alphabet wall turned out but the the hanging of it was more than I could handle (by myself).  So, I waited a couple of months for Jen to get here (for Christmas) so she could help me tackle it. 

So, first I measured the amount of space we had to work with including exactly where the plugs were in the middle of the wall. 

Then, Jen and I so delicately measured out the space on my bedroom floor and made us an outline with clothespins.  Clever huh? 

DSC_0629_edited-1

Then, we laid out all the letters and arranged them how they though they should go.  Jeff then thought we should measure each one out and go ahead and put nails in the wall where they would go, then hang them.  Well, we trumped him and decided to just eyeball it!  With the use of a tape measure of course!  :-)

DSC_0631

Jen, you needed a tool belt for sure!  That hammer sticking out of your booty doesn’t look quite right!  Ha, Ha, Ha!  Love you friend!  (She is going to kill me!)

DSC_0632 As you can see, Jen did all the hard work!  I was just the helper!  We might have a few extra holes in the wall.  But, it was worth it!  Can you believe that Hayden slept next door in his pack and play while we were banging on the wall for a couple of hours?  Such a good boy!  He was quite a good little helper before we put him to bed that night!  Ha!  :-)

Ta Da!  We were so proud when we got finished! 

DSC_0634

After a little spray paint!  The finished product!

DSC_0808

DSC_0801

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my! You are just wrong! And I am dying laughing!!! That is the first thing I noticed before I even saw what you wrote!

Dewawn Wiest said...

I love it!

Kristin said...

HAHA!! That was the first thing I noticed too before I read that you said something!! Too funny!
That wall is so AWESOME!!