Thursday, February 3, 2011

Home Tour-{Bathrooms and Hallway}

I know, you read that title and you can hardly contain your excitement.  Bathrooms and the Hallway.  Yippee!!  HA!  Well, you have to include them in the tour right?  I mean, they are part of the house!  So, here goes…

We will begin in the master bathroom. I am pretty sure that this is one of my favorite places in our house the reason our water bill is way too high! 

DSC_0823

Not sure if you remember, but I really struggled with finding mirrors for our bathroom.  I would find ONE I liked, but never could find two.  I searched for many months.  I felt like I kind of took a risk with black, I am really happy with how they look! 

DSC_0821

Sorry about all the shadows and glares!  I need a photography lesson!  I couldn’t get a picture without them, not matter how much light I had. 

   DSC_0834DSC_0830

DSC_0829 DSC_0828

I recently added this table.  Still not sure what purpose it serves or if I like it.  I am thinking I could use some baskets on there? 

DSC_0122

I love our towel hook.  I got it several years ago at Ross, Marshalls, or TJ Maxx.  :-)

DSC_0123

That iron/framed thing is from Canton.  I love it but it is SO HEAVY!  That magazine basket is from Thirty One Gifts. I have one in both bathrooms and I LOVE them! 

DSC_0827

Alrighty…on to the extra bathroom!  (Or, Hayden’s bathroom)

I am not real sure what the style is in here.  Somewhat of a shabby chic look, mixed with some red and black.  :-)  I am not completely happy with the way this bathroom looks.  It seems very unfinished to me for some reason.  But, it will get there! 

DSC_0106

The lighting makes the pictures look yellow, but it is not yellow in there. 

DSC_0109

There is that window! 

DSC_0116

I took the glass out of it and just hung it as a “frame”.  I really want to do something else with it, but I haven’t found that perfect something.  :-)  Not sure if I want to put some letters/words or maybe a little birdie…Hmm!  IDEAS?

The towel hook.  Another one of my favorite things I got from my friend Lisa several years ago. 

DSC_0117

I love this light fixture!  I found it on clearance for $19 at Lowes when we built the first time around and we were able to salvage it.  I tried to find two more for the master bath when we built again.  No such luck!

DSC_0114

DSC_0112

Now the hallway!

DSC_0125

When we hung the chalkboard window, we decided to place it off center so you could look at it from the kitchen.  Now, I just need to decide what to put beside it.  I am kind of thinking two or three simple black picture frames hanging vertically?  What ideas do you have?

DSC_0126

DSC_0855 - Copy

Another one of those ceiling tile picture frames!  The lady who I bought it from said that this is the actual natural distressing.   They didn’t make any changes (paint) to it.  I love it!

DSC_0856 - Copy 

There you have it.  Our bathrooms and hallway.  Hayden’s room is up next!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Friend, you couldn't have moved that water in the floor for the picture? love you bff :)

Kelly said...

I have been in your bathroom twice and never even noticed where the toilet was until these pictures, never even thought about it! I was so in love with the shower and tub and glass tile that I forgot about a toilet! Ha! Looks good. I love the chalkboard window!

Marla said...

Your master is just absolutely beautiful. All of that tile/marble/or whatever it is (sorry) looks so good!

And I really am on pins and needles to see Hayden's room!

The Barner Bunch said...

I LOVE the master! It's gorgeous. I love the tile and the mirrors!!! You need to go into decorating! Seriously!!! LOVE IT...just need to come see it all in person!!!