Friday, February 4, 2011

What an honor!

Today I had the honor of pinning a new {GOLD} badge on my hubby!  Jeff had his promotional ceremony and now holds the title of Sergeant and I could not be more proud! 

DSC_0132

DSC_0001

Jeff worked so hard for months studying and preparing  to take the promotional test back in October.  Turns out he was number two on the list {earned the second highest score} and his time has come to officially promote. 

DSC_0004 DSC_0133

Jeff and I both were blown away by the number of his friends/co-workers that attended this short and sweet ceremony.  So, those of you who read this…it meant the world to both of us!  To those who wanted to be there, but couldn’t because you were working so hard in this crazy weather, or couldn’t travel in the weather, or various other reasons…we appreciate you so much too! 

Geoff…Thank you so much for all your support and motivation throughout this process.  I know Jeff treasures your friendship and is so appreciative of your “study partnership”. 

DSC_0010

Just the two of us made the long icy trek to the ceremony today.  We decided to have Hayden stay home with my parents and Jeff’s parents decided not to brave the weather/roads either.  I think it was the best decision for sure! 

DSC_0017

Jeff, I am so proud of your accomplishment.  I know you will provide exceptional leadership and will do a great job serving your department in a new capacity.  I love you!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I am so proud of Jeff and for y'all!

Marla said...

Jeff, I wish I could have been there buddy. You are going to make a great supervisor and I am very proud to call you Sergeant Smith. Hopefully when you make Lieutenant I won't be stuck working on a 50!! Congratulations -Geoff

Yolanda said...

Im so sad that I couldnt get there!!!! But Im so proud of my baby brother. I love you Jeff!!!!!!!

Tricia said...

Way to go Jeff. I know he worked really hard and now it has paid off. Love your outfit in the pictures, Megan. :)

Kristin said...

Congrats Jeff!! So happy for you and your family!!

The Barner Bunch said...

I'm so proud of Jeff! He really is an amazing guy. Both of you are incredible friends and such a blessing to our lives!!! We love you!!!