Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Old Window Project Complete

DSC_0116

Last summer, I purchased all these things super cheap at a local “junk” store that was having a moving sale.  The windows were 50 cents each.  I really didn’t know what I wanted to do with them at the time, but I knew I “needed” them, along with the two frames. 

The small matted frame is now in our bedroom.  I painted it black, roughed it up a little, and it is now perfect! 

DSC_0849 

I used the smaller window in Hayden’s bathroom. And now I have completed my project with the larger window.  I am so happy with how it turned out! 

The Before…

DSC_0936

I cleaned it up a bit.  Applied a couple of coats of Valspar chalkboard paint.  Spray painted some hooks we had.  And…here it is!

DSC_0096

We hung it in the hallway right outside the kitchen.

DSC_0103

I figured we could use it for a menu board.  Or, a place to put our weekly schedule…

DSC_0097

Or, a place to put favorite Bible verses.

 DSC_0099

The possibilities are endless!  What do you think?  I L.O.V.E. it! 

**I tried the chalk markers from Hobby Lobby between my first and second coats of the chalkboard paint.  It says on the package that it would just wipe off with water, but I couldn’t get it to all come off.  So, after I applied my second coat, I decided I would just still with chalk!  Anyone have better luck with chalk markers? 

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I L.O.V.E it too! Great job!

Marla said...

Love it! It looks SO good and multi-functional!!

How do you like that chalkboard paint? I've always wondered if it really feels just like the real thing. I'm assuming it does, but just wondering. ;)

Kristin said...

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!! I am impressed!!! :)

Dewawn Wiest said...

I love it, too! I might have to steal the idea for the next house! :o)

Tricia said...

Those look awesome. So you need to come back to SC and help Jen and me do some of our projects. We will feed you. :)

The Barner Bunch said...

Very cute!!! Add that to the list of items I want to make this summer (remember...you're helping me with it all - LOL).
Love the idea of putting scriptures and To Do lists.