Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fun and busy week!

It has been a fun and busy week and it is only Wednesday! 

On Monday, Mom, Hayden, and I met up with Jen, Cindy, Landree, and Hudson for another shopping day.  Mom, Hayden, and I stopped in at Hobby Lobby on the way in while Landree got her hair cut.  Mom wanted to look at patterns and I picked up several things for Hayden’s new room that were all 50% off!  I was armed and ready with my coupons but didn’t need them!  Love Hobby Lobby!  Then, we stopped at Jo-Ann’s for Mom to get some fabric.  Now, Mom…you gotta get to sewing! 

Lunch at Chili’s was next.  Then, we went to this architectural salvage place called Discount Home Warehouse.  It was a super cool place but seemed overpriced.  (Kaci, this is another place you would like!)  Salvation Army was our next stop.  Although, we really didn’t find anything, we teased that this place was out of our budget!  Kind of high prices here too.  Crazy huh?  Next, Goodwill!  I ended up buying a brand new shoe rack thing that hangs in your closet and a brand new in box light fixture just like we had in our house for 3.99!  I think I had originally paid 29.99 for it.  What a steal!  Jen got a couple of shelves and brand new luggage rack for the top of the car for 3.99.  Another steal!  (Jen, since you got this, I think we need to have one last shopping day now that you got some extra room. HA HA HA!!!)  Last stop was Marshalls.  I had seen a couple of lamps I liked there earlier.  So, I wanted Jen to go back with me and give me her opinion.  Ended up getting them for our (future) bedroom.  Mom, Hayden, and I headed home after this!  It was nice having Cindy and Mom with us, because Jen and I could hop out and go into these places super fast!  Another fun day!!

Tuesday was such a treat!  Hayden spent half the day with his Nanny and half the day with his Nana.  Landree and Hudson spent the day with their Aunt Maggie.  Jen and I got to meet Shauna for another day of shopping!! We enjoyed Mc Kinney’s downtown square and TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Ross, Babies R Us, and Hobby Lobby!   Jen and I bought  a few little things, but Shauna was the big spender! I am all about shopping and spending someone else’s money!  Ha!  We found some great things for her new house! I can’t wait to see how it all comes together!   Shauna, let me know when you want us to come help decorate!! 

Today, we had another fun play date!  Hayden and I went to meet up with Stacey and Cooper at Christy, Rylee, and Kinlee’s house.  Kinlee is 11 months and Cooper is 8 months.  We let the babies play for a little bit and then we hit the pool.  Christy has such a beautiful home, pool, and back yard!  We had so much fun playing and chatting! 

Hayden and Cooper

DSC_0584 DSC_0586

DSC_0613 DSC_0615

Kinlee and CooperDSC_0580

Oops!  Just a little tumble over for Cooper!

DSC_0581

Kinlee and Rylee ready for the pool!

DSC_0592

Pool Time!DSC_0594

DSC_0596

DSC_0599 

I promise Kinlee and Hayden are not chillin’ out there by themselves. Rylee is out there somewhere!  :-)

DSC_0598

The Momma’s and their babies!

DSC_0600

 DSC_0602

And just because I love it…DSC_0597

  We had so much fun today!  Christy, thank you for having us over! 

Tomorrow, Hayden and I are taking Mom to a doctor’s appointment.  Then, Friday, not too much on the agenda.  Thank goodness!  I do think Jen and I are going to shop Dad’s barns.  There isn’t much telling what kind of good stuff we can find out there.  Stay tuned! 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Friend, I have not had so much fun in so long. I guess it's a good thing I don't really live here. I don't think either of us could really afford it! We'd be doing lots of barn shopping for sure-couldn't afford anything else. HA!

Marla said...

Wow!! Ya'll have been busy!! But looks like so much fun!