Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shoppin’ the barn!

DSC_0659

On Thursday night, Jen and I thought we would shop Daddy’s barn to see if we could find any treasures.

DSC_0616We have all the tools one could need on the front of the 4 wheeler and our sweat rag and work gloves ready to go too.   And of course, our little buddy Jake wanted to come along for the adventure. 

Before we went down to the barn, we had to go to our house to do a few things. 

Like, pick our last cantaloupe…

DSC_0618

See me…in the “garden”?  What happened to this?

DSC_0637

When we got to the barn we were so anxious to get in there and see what we could find!  Jen, the strong one, was able to unwind the wire on the cattle panel. Dad warned me, but that thing was hard to undo! 

DSC_0634  

So, here  is a look at some of the “vintage” items we found…

“Antique Lawn Chairs”

They might need a little duct tape, but still in great condition!

DSC_0638 DSC_0639

Golf Clubs

Good as new!  I can’t imagine that a little bird poo and dust would hurt your swing too much.

DSC_0633

Bicycle

Take your pick!  Banana seat or no banana seat. 

Mom said the banana seat bike used to be hers.

DSC_0635

DSC_0636

Motorcycle

Wanna go for a ride?

DSC_0637

Vintage Lamp

I seriously think this is cool.  I am still thinking on what I could do with it!

DSC_0640

Jen is in deep thought! 

DSC_0641

One of two boats…

Your paddle/oar or mine?

 DSC_0642

Metal Framed Twin Bed

I have one similar to this that Daddy had already given me that is red.  Maybe Hayden will get to use it one day!  I think it is so cool looking!

DSC_0643

Spiders and crickets galore!

Jen only freaked out a little.  She only said, “That is the biggest spider I have ever seen” about 143 times.  :-)  Don’t let the picture fool you.  It was a pretty darn big spider!

DSC_0644

Vintage Shutter Cabinet

We pondered over opening this cabinet up for a while. We finally got our big girl panties on and went for it!  Other than the bottom missing out of it, it wasn’t too scary in there! 

DSC_0645

Cow Skull

I thought Jen and I were going to have a fist fight over who was getting to take this one home!

DSC_0648

Milk Jug

This thing was so heavy.  We had to move it out of the way so we could get into the Vintage Shutter Cabinet.  Goodness.  I can’t imagine caring that thing around full of milk!

DSC_0649

Spencer Street Signs

I think these are so cool!  Daddy got these when the City of Greenville was changing out their street signs.  (Spencer is my maiden name).

DSC_0650

Old Toy Car Hauler

I was so excited when I saw this.  This goes right along with the theme of Hayden’s new room!  I think it is even cooler that it came from my family!

DSC_0651 DSC_0652

Coke Wooden Crate and Glass Bottles

DSC_0653

Jugs??

DSC_0654

Old Wooden Doors

I am still studying on what we could do with these also!

DSC_0655 DSC_0656

Part of Wagon Wheels

DSC_0657

Baseballs and Golf Balls

Jen was excited to find these.  She is doing some neat things with them in Hudson’s room!

DSC_0647

Don’t you think there were some real treasures in there? 

Lesson learned: 

Go shop your Daddy’s barn.  You never know what you might find!

4 comments:

Kaci said...

Just bought two old doors at trade days and have them propped up on either side of the mantle...looks awesome. I post pics when I am done decorating!

Love all of those finds...like the cabinet and the jugs!

Jennifer said...

That's for posting my best side! :) That spider doesn't look near as big in the picture!!!

Marla said...

Looks like so much fun! I was smiling the whole way through thinking how neat everything was!

The Barner Bunch said...

Love the street signs! Those are a MUST! After a little clean up...these things will be GEMS!!!!
Love the vintage lamp and twin bed frame too!
I'm coming over next!!!! hahaha

Oh...loved the picture of you and Jenn on the four wheeler! What a hoot...and right up my alley!