Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Football or Basketball? Or sports at all?

I wonder if Hayden will play football or basketball or baseball…or any sport at all?  Jeff has always said (even before Hayden was born) that Hayden wouldn’t play sports like he did…he will stay home and read books.  :-)

Well, I saw these balls in the dollar bin at Target and thought Hayden might like them and maybe we could start practicing early! 

Football or Basketball?

DSC_0791

Are we gonna play or what?

DSC_0792

I think I want to play football!

DSC_0794  DSC_0793   Or maybe play some basketball!

DSC_0796

Throw it to me Mommy!

DSC_0799

Yea!  Look at me! I caught it!

DSC_0800

He dribbles…

DSC_0801

He shoots….

  DSC_0797

 DSC_0798  

He SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever our little man decides, sports or no sports, I want him to be successful.  I hope he sets his sights high.  I hope that he gives it his all and never gives up.  I hope he is determined, driven, and self-motivated.  I hope he is a leader.   

As a parent, you obviously want what is best for your child.  I mean, who doesn’t want their child to be successful?  Intrinsically motivated?  But, how do you teach that to your child?  Model and hope for the best?  I hope that Jeff and I model and continue to model these traits for Hayden.  As much as I want time to stand still and want to savor every moment with our baby boy, I can’t wait to see what kind of man he becomes! 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

He is soooo cute! Love these pictures. :)