Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Such a fun weekend!

This past weekend, I was able to join 17 other Thirty-One directors for a Leadership Retreat.  I know  most of you don’t know the people I am talking about, but I can’t NOT blog about it.  It was an experience of a lifetime! 

I really didn’t know what to expect when we got there Friday afternoon, but I left Sunday afternoon feeling truly blessed by the other ladies there!  Not to mention, quite spoiled!

Gettin’ bling on our nametags! 

This is Stephanie, my director. 

DSC_0584

Our retreat was at a HUGE Ranch House in Aledo surrounded by rolling hills, horses, swimming pool, ponds with fountains, etc.  It was beautiful!  We spent Friday night playing Minute To Win It with all our Thirty-One Products!  This was hilarious!  Here are a few examples..

Stuffing a All-In-One organizer with tissues using one hand.

Unzipping and stuffing a pillow in our Expand-A-Tote with NO HANDS!!!!

Changing the skirt on our skirt purse with one hand.

Carrying our Large Utility Tote across the room with one person not touching the floor and everyone touching it!

Sorting a deck of cards and placing them in the card slots of a wallet. 

My team was a close second!  ;-)

We also did a lot of celebrating.  This is Heidi, my Senior Executive Director. 

Her husband spent about 30 minutes with us sharing about her, her business and how he has been able to join her full time working her Thirty-One business.  He is/was a preacher and shared such a powerful message.   The basis of his message: “Give thanks to the Lord, for you are fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are His works, and may your soul know it very well.”  Pslam 139:14 

A perfect segway for our next activity!

We spent a lot of time learning about all our strengths.  Before we went to the retreat, we were to read and take the Strength Finder 2.0 Gallup quiz.  If you work with or lead a group of people, I would definitely recommend doing this!!!  I think the test pretty much nailed it for me!  There are 34 strengths according to the book.  My top five strengths are:

1.  Relator 2. Achiever 3. Activator 4. Responsibility 5. Communication

Late that night, we made DREAM boards using scrapbooking supplies and magazines.

Saturday we did some learning about how to work our business.  GREAT!!

Then, to our surprise, it was out on the town time after we found these on our beds! 

DSC_0585

We had about 10 minutes to get ready, then we found out our “ride” was waiting on us.  Again, a TOTAL surprise!

DSC_0586

DSC_0594

We headed to the Stockyards and were treated to a steak dinner at Cattlemans.  I had not ever been to Cowtown!  Pretty fun place!

DSC_0600

We even had a few out-of-town girls ride the bull!

DSC_0607

We took COWTOW by storm with those sassy pink hats.  I couldn’t keep up with how many times we were asked what we were up to!  There were random people snapping pictures constantly.  Even one Asian guy asked to have his picture taken with us.  Pretty funny! 

These are just a few of the gifts we received!  Crazy spoiled!

DSC_0611

Even a sweet dream rose!  ;-)

DSC_0610

I loved being with such Godly women.  We stayed up WAY TOO LATE, we laughed, we cried, we shared, we prayed, and we left there with a bond I am so grateful for! 

We ended our retreat by watching this video and praising God for our successful businesses and praying for our future.  If you have 8 minutes to spare, I think you should watch this video.  Powerful! 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That's GREAT!! Looks like such a blast!!