Friday, February 3, 2012

Lickin’ the spoon! And, a Mom update!

In an effort to eat better, I have been scouring Pinterest to find some new recipes.  Well, you can’t eat green leaves every meal of the day.  There has to be room for some dessert!  I found this “Healthy” Butterfinger Pie recipe several weeks ago and we made it and loved it!  I decided it was time to make it again today.  I didn’t have a Butterfinger, but I had some Heath Bar chips.  The original recipe says to use graham crackers, but I use a reduced fat graham cracker crust.  YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC_0633

I had a precious helper today too! 

DSC_0629

Who has a yucky runny nose and cough!  I hate it when he has a bad cough.  Not much you can do about it.  :-( 

DSC_0635

Jeff finished his month long school and went back to his usual schedule this week.  Hayden has had a little bit of a hard time adjusting.  He doesn’t understand why we can’t go wake Daddy up so we can play!  :-(  I think he and Jeff were both in tears Thursday morning when Jeff got home from work and Hayden wanted to play!  It was so sad!  I am sure we will get back in the swing of things soon! 

In other news, Hayden has mastered potty training like a pro!  Seriously easy!  The first week, not so fun.  After that,  AWESOME!  Now, we are on to learning how to aim.  I just assume he sit.  Ha!  He thinks he is big and wants to learn to stand.  This ain’t fun friends!  Just sayin’.  Today it was all over me and everywhere else it could go.  Goodness me, if we can get this one down, we will be doing all the good! 

________________________________________________________________________

Mom was admitted into the hospital today.  She went to see her heart doctor earlier in the week and he really wanted to admit her then because of her fluid retention.  She had cataract surgery yesterday or he would have.  She has been trying to get the second cataract surgery done for a while, but couldn’t because of low platelet counts.  They took her off her oral chemo medicine so she could try to get her platelet counts back up.  

She went this afternoon late to be admitted.  Taking the fluid pills at home is not really cutting it.  She is absolutely worn out after taking them and they are only getting  a few pounds off at a time.  She has about 30 pounds of fluid to loose and I hope they can get it off quickly!  Her doctor told her they were going to make a prune out of her!  Ha!  I just want her to feel better and be able to BREATHE!! 

Please continue to pray for her.  She is in Greenville.  I will keep you posted!

No comments: