Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sold the Tahoe!

We have been trying to sell the Tahoe for a couple of weeks.  We put it on Craigslist and had several offers.  Most were not great ones.  One guy really wanted, said he was going to buy it.  Had a good offer.   Then, when Jeff told him to meet him at the police station to get the money/sale the car.  He never called back.  Hmm… 

Jeff is gone on a hunt this weekend but Hayden and I loaded up yesterday to go see what Carmax would offer.  We sold another one of our cars to them about 5 years ago.  Carmax ended up giving a pretty good offer.  I was quite surprised!  But, right after I left Carmax a good ole’ country boy from about 30 minute from our house called and was really interested.  So, Dad, Hayden, and I met him and his wife in town and they loved it.  They brought cash in hand and left with it!  Whoop!  I really liked them too.  I think we could be friends.  Isn’t hat weird how things happen? 

What is sad is they ended up following us back to our house so I could unload everything, etc.  When they left in the Tahoe, Hayden has thrown himself on the ground kicking and screaming.  Literally. He was so sad and couldn’t understand why they were taking our car.  Then, I told him we would get a new one, he couldn't stop worrying about when we would get a new one.  Bless his heart, he has a little anxiety.  I told him that a 2 year old shouldn’t spend so much time worrying about things like that. 

So, what are we going to do now?  We have the Jetta and Jeff’s truck.  So, we will drive those for now until we decide what we want to do.  I CAN’T decide!  I am pretty sure I want another SUV.  I really thought I wanted third row seats.  But, I really want something that gets decent gas mileage.  An affordable SUV, with three rows, and great gas mileage don’t always go hand in hand.  I really want  a white one.  I want this and that.  So, I guess I am picky and we will find just the right one. 

No comments: