Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Great day for a couple of reasons

Today has been a great day for a couple of reasons.  First, Mom got to come home.  Woohoo!!!!  And, she is getting to go to Dallas tomorrow to get her Sandostatin shot.  Another woohoo.  Well, not that she has to have it and that it hurts real bad, but woohoo to it being available for her to get.  :-)

The weather has been so amazing the last couple of days and will be again tomorrow.  We have taken advantage of the weather and spent our days outside ALL day.  Yesterday, Hayden spent the morning outside with Jeff while I got my hair done.  Then, we loaded up when I got home and went with Amy, Hudson, and Hayson to Sulphur Springs to the park and to get some ice cream.  You can’t go the park without getting a treat.  Right? 

They both kind of accidentally walked through the water and got soaked!  Just too tempting!

photo 1 

Today we got up early to meet up with our friends in Rockwall so we could head to the Dallas Zoo.   Such a great day to go!

If you have 2 year olds or ever had one, you know how hard it is to get them to sit still for a picture.  These  next pictures crack me up (and might be embarrassing for this momma) for many different reasons…

Four beautiful little girls sitting so nicely.  You kind of see Hayden’s leg. 

DSC_0772

Hayden jumped down.  Didn’t want his picture taken. 

DSC_0774DSC_0775

Yep, that is my kid.  He didn’t want his dadgum picture taken.  Ok? 

DSC_0773

“Want to see the animals?”  Hayden suddenly become interested.  Girls loose interest.

DSC_0779 

Minus the hand in the mouth, pretty good shot! 

DSC_0776

I guess Hayden wanted to let us know exactly what he thought about getting his picture taken. Trying to be nonchalant.

DSC_0777

D.O.N.E. with pictures.  No longer being nonchalant.  GEEZ!

DSC_0778

(Just so we are clear, we don’t do this nor condone this at our house. He doesn’t know what it means and I am just trying to make light of the situation. Too funny not to post.)

We saw lots of animals of course.

DSC_0782

DSC_0789

It must of have been multiples day at the zoo.  I lost count of how many of these train wagons we saw today.  It was crazy!  Mommas were wearing shirts that said “Yes, I have my hands full”  or“Quad Squad”.  I can’t imagine!

DSC_0785

We had a nice picnic lunch.

DSC_0798 DSC_0808

Got to run around and play in the dirt.

DSC_0806 DSC_0805

DSC_0810

DSC_0812

Addisyn cracks me up! 

DSC_0811

Hayden was so proud of this fine stick he found.

DSC_0816

Then, we rolled up our pants and played in the water!  Crazy as it sounds, there many kids in bathing suits. 

DSC_0835  DSC_0820

DSC_0823

DSC_0825 DSC_0824

DSC_0840 DSC_0828

We ended our day on the carousel.  We sat on the bench on the carousel while Hayden held on to me for dear life.

DSC_0939

Such a sweet, silly boy.  Glad we didn’t have any more fits.  :-)

DSC_0842

It took no time at all and Hayden was sound asleep and Payton decided to join him.  Just too much fun for these babies!

photo 2

3 comments:

Marla said...

Eventhough i was there and have the same pictures, I was laughing out loud at your play by play of trying to get pics of all them! I really do love those pics!

And....neither one of my girls went to sleep on the way home from the zoo. Grace did nap, but Parker didn't even fall asleep on the way home from church. I didn't get that girl into bed until 9:30!! I hope she sleeps at least til 8 tomorrow or it will be a FUN day. :/

SO glad your mom was able to come home and is able to get her meds! (despite the fact that it's not so fun).

Kristin said...

You got some good pictures!! It does crack me up that Hayden was doing that in the pictures.. we all know he doesn't know what it means! HA

And YEA for your mom to get to come home!!

Jennifer said...

Oh, those pictures of them are so funny! Love it! I love Hayden's shirt too-where is it from? And I'm so glad your momma is home! Yea!