Thursday, August 11, 2011

Swimming, Friends, and a Smoke Alarm

Swimming and friends go together.  But, the smoke alarm part has nothing to do with the other two.  I’ll get back to that one!

Yesterday, we enjoyed a swimming date with Kristin, Payton, Marla, Parker, and Grace.  We started early so we weren’t out when it was super hot! 

The girls were so good about posing.  Hayden, on the other hand, not so much!

DSC_0401

He was a little more interested in playing…

DSC_0402 DSC_0405

And chasing the resident ducks…

DSC_0409 DSC_0415  DSC_0410

After swimming, we picked up Chick-Fil-A and headed to Kristin’s house for lunch. 

Hayden had a little date with Grace.

DSC_0425

Kristin turned on some music and Hayden was having fun dancing in the chair. 

DSC_0427

Thanks for having us over to swim and play!

Today, Lexie and Hatley came over so we could do some Thirty-One business.  Hayden thinks Hatley is pretty special!  I think she is too!  ;-)  Is that bow not so stinkin’ cute?  Love!

DSC_0429

Now, to the fire alarm…

I woke up about 4:45 this morning to the screeching fire alarm yelling “Fire, Fire” along with its loud siren.  I thought I was dreaming.  It took me a second to realize what was going on.  First thing I did was look at Hayden in the monitor then run in there to him.  As soon as I opened his door, the alarm stopped.  He actually didn’t wake up from the alarm.  He woke up when I opened his door.  Then, he laid back down.  I looked around and didn’t see, smell, or hear anything.  I have no idea why it was going off.  (I don’t think it is batteries, because I think they are wired in.  Right Paul?)  Needless to say, my heart was pounding out of my chest for quite some time and I didn’t let Hayden sleep in his bed for the rest of “night”.   Fire is something I hope and pray that we never have to experience again.   Makes me kind of anxious to think about it again…

Hope you all have a great weekend!  Can’t wait to enjoy my family!