Saturday, July 2, 2011

We are home!

We are home from our week long vacation to Galveston. 

We left this amazing pool…

DSC_0154

and the beach behind.

DSC_0215_edited-1

We might have been a little sad to leave and return home…

DSC_0012

But, we are so thankful for our time away, a relaxing and safe vacation, and after last year, everything at home safe and sound too! 

This is what we found right across the pasture from us tonight.  Wild hogs.  Atleast we think they are wild.

I took this picture from pretty far away. 

DSC_0001

I didn’t think they would let us get right up on them.

DSC_0006

Dad and Jeff going to get another look.  And maybe a shot. 

DSC_0010

Wild hogs are such a nuisance and have already torn up parts of our front yard and many areas of Dad’s pastures.  Dad and Jeff take every opportunity to get rid of any they can! 

On our journey back home, we made a pit stop at a camera shop and traded my Nikon D40 camera in for a Nikon D3100 and a super zoom lens (70x300).  I AM SO EXCITED!!!  I was able to play a little bit tonight with the hogs, but I can’t wait to get down and dirty!  Ha!  Jeff even bought me a learning video!   I am already in love with it and can tell such a huge difference in the quality!   Too bad I didn’t have it before vacation!   I have  a lot to share about our vacation, so those posts are coming soon! 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Cant wait to see the pictures! And I'm so jealous you got another camera! Can't wait to see that too!!

Marla said...

Glad ya'll are back home safe and sound and had a good time!

Can't wait to hear more about the camera and lens. I was just telling Geoff last night how maybe I needed a new lens for my birthday! ;)

Jennifer said...

It's funny read your blog again, you had fun playing with the hogs :) I can't wait to see more pics with the new camera. And hear more about the vaca. And I'm so glad this was such a great trip and that everything/one is safe and sound!!! Landree couldn't have handled anything else tramatic!