Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gotta catch up!

I feel like I haven’t blogged in a week!  Oh wait, I haven’t!  So sorry!  I have been slacking lately.  I have been sick for the past 3 days.  Does that count?  I am feeling much better today though.

What has been going on with us? 

Last Friday, Hayden went on his first trip out of town/state without us!  He went to Oklahoma for the day with his Nana (Jeff’s Mom) and Lulu (Jeff’s sister) to look at a place for a family reunion and each lunch with Truman and Bub (two of Nana’s brothers).  Jeff and I were a little anxious about it but of course Hayden did great.  Or at least that is what Nana and Lulu have told us! 

On Thursday, Hayden spent the day with his Nana while I went to Canton with a friend.  I showed her a few new places (“the junk part” where you can find treasures) and we had a GREAT time!  I ended up with a cute pair of shoes and a little bucket for Hayden’s room.  Thank you Nana for letting Hayden hang out with you!

Saturday Hayden went with me to the doctor that morning.  Then, that afternoon we went to Payton’s birthday party!  We had a great time but had to leave a little early from the party since we thought storms were headed our way.  

Hayden had his first Capri Sun at her party.  I think he kind of liked it.  He sucked it dry! 

DSC_0398

Today, church, lunch at the Smith’s, and naptime for all of us.  Tonight, Jeff and Hayden played so hard.  I don’t think I have ever heard Hayden laugh as hard and as much as he did tonight.  Jeff built them a fort/tent/play area.  Hayden thought that was so fun!

DSC_0421 DSC_0422 DSC_0423

They played some basketball.  Then, things got silly.  Hayden would throw the ball at Jeff and Jeff would pull out his best soccer moves and bounce the ball of his head.  Hayden thought this was the funniest thing EVER.  They did this for no less than 30 minutes.  Hayden’s face was SO red from laughing and playing so hard! 

DSC_0424DSC_0428  DSC_0427 

Hayden decided he needed his boots on.  He put them on all by himself.  Backwards, but that doesn’t matter does it? 

DSC_0429 DSC_0430   DSC_0433 DSC_0434 DSC_0435

1 comment:

Jamie said...

LOVE that he put his own boots on and on the wrong feet makes it even better! :) I need to know where all of the junk treasures are at Canton. I don't ever go with a veteran. :)