Monday, May 2, 2011

A buffet (post fire) re-do.

I got this buffet, that was previously my maternal grandparent’s, about 10 years ago.  I just love it.  It has traveled along with each of our moves and was in our bedroom at the time of our house fire last summer.  It reeked of smoke, but I couldn’t stand to get rid of it.   I originally painted it white when I first got it.  DSC_1034

Like crazy woman, I thought that redoing this buffet would be a good idea two days before Hayden’s birthday party.  What on earth was I thinking?  Like I didn’t have enough to do already!  Ha!  I was literally painting and sanding by moonlight one night because I didn’t want June bugs to peg me in the head if I had on the porch light! 

I cleaned it up a bit before I got it ready to paint again.  Can you tell?  ;-)

DSC_1039DSC_1041DSC_1044

When I was taking it apart, I found this newspaper clipping stuck in the back between a piece of trim.  Remember this.  I will blog more about this another day.DSC_1043

I was able to sand it, kilz primer it, paint it, and sand it again to get it finished before Hayden’s party.  I put in in our hallway under our chalkboard window and I love having it back in our house! 

DSC_0436  DSC_0438  DSC_0440 DSC_0441

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Looks great!! I did notice it at the party and thought, when did she get this? :)

Marla said...

I love this. And am so impressed with your finishing skills! Seriously. I usually leave that stuff to Geoff.....but you really motivate me to do more!

Lisa said...

Looks great!!

Jamie said...

It's beautiful!! You did a great job and it looks awesome under your chalkboard. I bet you are so glad you redid it. :)