Thursday, March 31, 2011

My body feels like Jell-O

The past two days have been fun-filled days of landscaping.  Pretty sure Jeff and I couldn’t move from our spots on the couch if we wanted to. 

You see…the back porch area under the awning needed something done.  It looked really pitiful.  Pardon all the junk.

DSC_0766 DSC_0769

So, we got some of this.  That is a lot of dirt folks!  And, 144 of those 22 pound stones. 

DSC_0768

Yesterday (Wednesday) we started early with dirt work. 

DSC_0770

Then, we dug out and leveled where our stones would go.  Then, we started setting stones.

DSC_0773

Hayden thought they looked pretty comfy.

DSC_0779

This morning, I set out on an adventure.  I pulled this trailer to town and back to pick up our sod by myself.  First time ever to pull a trailer anywhere other than a pasture.  On our winding road.  Took the corners wide.  Didn’t dive into one ditch.  Didn’t hit anything.  I was pretty proud of myself.  I guess my hubby trusted me and probably a good thing my brother in law didn’t know I was pulling his trailer.  He might not have trusted me.  Ha! 

DSC_0784

We did a lot more dirt work.

DSC_0781

Have you ever used a tamper?  It is the 15 pound thing you stomp the dirt with to pack it down.  I mean, if you would like to make your shoulders and arms burn like never before, go ahead and try it for about 30 minutes. 

DSC_0782

Jeff got the capstones on while I made another trip to Home Depot this afternoon. 

DSC_0785

And tonight, after Hayden went to bed, we finished up laying the sod in the dark.  Definitely the easiest part of the whole project! 

DSC_0787

Now, tomorrow, we have more dirt work and another pallet of grass waiting for us. 

If. we. can. move. 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

That looks GREAT!!!!!

Tricia said...

Looks awesome. So you guys want to come and help me with my back yard? I would even let you pull the trailer. :)

Lisa said...

Wow you guys are doing a lot of hard work! I can only imagine how exhausted you feel! But it looks great!!