Saturday, March 12, 2011

Getting back in the groove!

We had such a great time hanging out with our friends in South Carolina.  I don’t think I have ever laughed so much as I did while hanging out with Jen and Shauna!  We really didn’t do a whole lot (other than shop and eat out a few times) and it was so nice!  It was so fun to have “girl time” every night after the babies went to bed.  Last time when we were gone to SC, Jeff was studying for his sergeant's promotional exam and his mind was focused on that.  I think it was a little harder on him this time with his baby boy being gone a week.  We have spent the past few days enjoying time with Jeff and the rest of our family and getting back of the groove of being home after being gone. 

I am so thankful we have gone from wearing this earlier in the week…

DSC_0479 

DSC_0481

To being able to enjoy our days outside wearing shorts!  I am pretty sure I scared Jeff and Hayden with my white legs though!  Ha!  I didn’t take one picture the last couple of days of our time outside.  Hayden has loving being outside pulling and pushing his toys around, riding his 4 wheeler, riding the Ranger, and going on tractor rides with his Granddaddy. 

Jeff had to get his cot out for his nephew this afternoon (to make sure it was all there) and Hayden could hardly wait to get on it! Hayden kept saying “night, night” while Jeff was putting it together. 

DSC_0482

DSC_0484 DSC_0486

After dinner, Hayden thought it would be fun to play with his stickers…

DSC_0488 

Aunt Robin and one of my twin nephews, Blaze (he was staying at Nanny and Granddaddy’s for the weekend), came over this evening too.   Hayden had the BEST time playing with him.  Blaze was such a great playmate too!  I am not sure who loves to read more, Blaze or Hayden? 

DSC_0490

Blaze is in 1st grade and is a great reader!  He is trying to get 100 Accelerated Reader points for the year so he can be “Principal for the Day”.  Right now he has 79 and he is so excited!  So proud of him! 

Enjoy your weekend!  And…SPRING BREAK! 

No comments: