Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A fun day!

Praise the Lord, Hayden has felt so much better the past two days!  We were so excited to see some sunshine yesterday too!  Hayden and his Daddy went exploring.  I am pretty sure that Hayden would have walked around all day out in the pasture. 

See them…right in the middle?

DSC_0944

Although Hayden decided to get up at 5 AM (YIKES!), we have had so much fun playing today.  I think Hayden was so excited to spend a whole day with his Daddy.  Since Hayden was up so early, I decided to make this quiche.  It kind of takes a little while to prepare, but it so worth it!  So, so good!  {Sorry, didn’t get a picture.} Definitely one of our favorite meals! 

After Hayden took his naps, we headed to Greenville.  Jeff needed to get a few things at Lowes.  Hayden’s favorite part at Lowes is driving while Daddy pushes him super fast in the race car. 

Hayden and I were waiting while Jeff got some peg board cut.

photo

Then, we went to eat an early dinner at Red Lobster.  So good!!! 

Hayden enjoyed feeding Jeff his french fries.

photo 2 photo 1

He also spent some time loving on his Daddy!  I think they might miss each other {just a little} during the work week!

photo 3

On our way home, we saw these 7 deer on our county road.   I never get tired of this.  I love seeing deer near our house.  There were three right be hind our house Saturday morning. 

photo 4 

Per Hayden’s request, we stopped by to see Nanny and Granddaddy on our way home.   :-) 

Then, after Hayden went to bed, I made Pioneer Woman’s sheet cake.  I think I need an intervention.  A Pioneer Woman intervention.  I am serious.  It is getting bad.  Real bad.  My rear end is going to need an intervention soon too.  I mean, seriously.  This cake took ONE POUND of butter!   My icing didn’t turn out like I wanted.  I didn’t get to put the pecans in the icing either.  Just put them on top!  I am not sure if the chocolate/butter mixture got too hot or what, but I can assure you that it still tasted DELICIOUS!!!  If you want to gain a few pounds, make you one of these!

Jeff took this picture with the cookbook in the background.  Shows what they cake SHOULD look like.  Ha! 

DSC_0946

Umm, it doesn’t look like this any more though.  I mean, there might be one little bite gone.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

You are becoming quite the cook lately!! Making all kinds of things! That sheet cake is SO yummy!! When we have that, I can eat the whole thing myself!! HAHA

Looks like ya'll had a fun family day!!!

Sharon said...

I thought you were really tired and going to bed early! You made a cake AND. lol Thanks Hayden...keep begging to come see me and Granddaddy. Love ya

Sharon said...

AND Posted. Sorry.

Jennifer said...

Yum, I need to make some pioneer woman something! With Jeff eating so healthy I feel guilty making any of her recipes. And all those deer! WOW!

The Barner Bunch said...

Yes...we've taken rides in the fun HomeDepot / Lowes "racecar cart" at high speeds as well. Matter of fact, I went a little too fast, Barrett fell over, and bruised his ear when he made contact with the side of the buggy! Oooops

All those deer! Amazing!!!!

Marla said...

That chocolate sheet cake is delicious. And I think it does look like hers!

Also- Kristin made PWs salsa and I love it now....and I think about it during the day and my mouth waters. So sad. :)