Friday, November 12, 2010

FINAL House Rebuild Update 11-11-10

Yep, you read it correctly.  This is the final house rebuild update!!  Tomorrow, I move out of my HOME, the one I grew up in, into my new HOME.

This week has been lots of odds and ends being finished up and all our floors were installed.  Carpet being today.  Let me tell you, that carpet has whipped my tail end tonight.  We picked out a thick comfy carpet.  The flooring people tried to talk us out of carpet all together and into all wood/tile, etc.  Well, I guess we are traditional.  We still love carpet in our living room and bedrooms.  We spend a lot of our time on the floor with Hayden.  Yes, hardwoods look beautiful but lets face it, they are not comfy to sit or lay on.  Therefore, they weren’t for us. Now, back to the carpet we picked out.  I walked into today after the carpet guys were gone and guess what…all our doors were still off of the hinges.  Why?  Because our carpet is so thick the doors won’t move!  Lovely.  No doors that shut.  Real lovely.  No sweat, I already called our main man Robert and he is coming to fix them in the morning.  THANK GOODNESS!

Back to the whippin’ my tail end part.  I went down to the house to clean, pick up, unpack, etc. after Hayden went to bed.  I decided to unpack our new vacuum and get the carpets cleaned.  I thought it would be a quick job and I would move on to the next “to-do”.  WRONG!  It took me over an hour to vacuum.  Seriously.  Our carpet is so thick, I had to put my whole body into it to get it done.  It was a two handed push kind of job.  Like, I couldn’t hold the cord and vacuum at the same time.  It took all I had to vacuum. I am so glad no one was there to watch.  I was sweating like I had just ran a marathon.  I may not be able to move tomorrow.

So, this concludes the final house update.  I will do a blog home tour in about a month.  I know, a month is a long time. But, it take a while to get it right!  Found out yesterday that our couch and chair won’t be ready for atleast another three weeks.  (I ordered it over two months ago.) Fabric delay.  UHHG!  Good thing we have some THICK comfy carpet!

Thank you again for all your thoughts, prayers, and encouragement throughout this rebuilding process. 

**********************************************************************************

Kind of crazy timing, but we also bought a new home away from home today. 

outside leftoutside right  

A new to us travel trailer.  Two new homes in two days.  Pretty exciting!  We wanted to move from a bumper pull to a 5th wheel for more room and one that also had bunks.   It was actually the first one we looked at.  But, of course we did a lot of looking and researching, but kept coming back to this one.  We LOVE that it has a separate room in the back for Hayden. He can have his own play area and room with bunks, couch, desk, entertainment center and a NICE LARGE ESCAPE WINDOW.  In case of fire you know.  We might be a little paranoid.

trailer inside

We are so excited about it and can’t wait to take it to the deer lease soon!

PS…Just in case you are wondering, we didn’t get to go to the deer lease opening weekend (last weekend) because Hayden was sick.  It was this time last year that we went to the lease and Hayden ended up with RSV.  We certainly didn’t want to go through that again.  So, we decided to stay home and get him well!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

So EXCITED for you!!! YAY!!! Moving back home again, I bet it feels weird to think you are going to have your own household again! Nice camper Smith family! WOW! What an exciting time. Have fun unpacking!!!

Kristin said...

Can't wait to see the TOUR of the new house!!! Love the new camper!! Ya'll will enjoy that so much!! :)

Jamie said...

LOVE the 5th wheel! You guys will have so much fun with that!

Your story about the vacuum had me laughing out loud. I can just picture it. Haha!