Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Checking in!

DSC_0007 Just checking in to say that Black Friday didn’t kill me. I am still alive!  We haven’t frozen to death either.  Burrrrr!  We had a great Thanksgiving!  Ate way too much!  I will post more about Thanksgiving soon!  I know, a little late, but better late than never! 

DSC_0077_edited-1 I have spent the last two days on a furniture hunt.  Luckily Mom was able to go with me both days and help with a very busy but super cute one year old.  If you remember, we were still waiting on our living room furniture that I ordered now three months ago.  Mills shut down in China=Fabric delay=Extreme frustration.  So, after what I would call getting the run around, I decided to go looking for different furniture yesterday.  Found nothing.  So, back to Thomasville we went this morning to figure out what on earth was going on and what we needed to do to either get our money back or get some furniture…SOON!  Long story short, I picked out new fabric and it should be here within a couple of weeks.  The new fabric will totally change the look of our couch from what I originally picked out.   But, I hope it is a good thing!  Here are the new fabrics.  Small pieces are pillows.  Large piece is couch, chair, and ottoman fabric.

material for couch I am so happy to get a day at home tomorrow.  I have so much to do and didn’t really plan on spending the last two days running around looking for furniture.  What I am really excited about…CANTON on Thursday!  Wonder what I will find? 

PS…I guess no one thought that the “My favorite things” post was as fun as me.  That’s ok!   Thanks Karen Mays for commenting!  :-)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

That part about your furniture is no fun! But, I love the fabric you have picked out. I can't wait to see what it looks like!

I read your Favorite Things post and loved it. I really wanted to link one up, but I couldn't think of enough things right now to write one up. My favorite things now are two little people that require a LOT of my attention. :)

I do LOVE the idea so maybe I will get one up soon!

Kristin said...

I liked your Favorite things post... I wanted to comment but it wouldn't let me just comment. I keep thinking in my mind... "what can I put on there" HA I am still brainstorming.

Love the new fabric choice!! Will look great!!

Lisa said...

HaHa!! I agree with the other girls. I loved your favorite things post. I am still deciding what I want to post as my favorite things. I cannot decide!!

Yolanda said...

I tried to comment but couldnt ever get into it.