Sunday, August 15, 2010

House Update 8-15-10

Over the past two weeks, we have gotten a new roof!   Not too much going on right now.  Still waiting on the bank.  To say we are anxious would be an understatement!

DSC_0971

Oh yes, and we got these beautiful new roof vents.  Aren’t they nice and LARGE?  We did not have roof vents before and it seems that was a big mistake. 

DSC_0924 edit

We spent Friday afternoon looking at more countertop options, tile and carpet options, etc.  Hoping these next round of bids will be a little more encouraging! 

I just have to say, the bid process is so time consuming and is such a pain!  Dealing with the insurance company on our inventory replacement is such a pain too!  Did you know that even though you have replacement cost insurance, they depreciate everything you own and only after you replace those items, submit your receipts along with a ton of other paperwork, will they give you all your money for those items?  I thank God that I am not working!  I am not even close to being finished with submitting our inventory sheets. God obviously knows what is in our future and knows that me staying home is/was the best thing for us!  We have been through so much in the past year and a half.  I can’t imagine having a full time job away from the home, having a new baby, being a mom and wife, having a sick Momma, building a new home (TWICE), and dealing with the insurance company.  Praise the Lord that we listened to what God was telling us was best! 

Maybe next time, I will have some EXCITING news to share!  :-)

All my teacher/education buddies…I am thinking about you!!  I hope you have a great first day back tomorrow.  Enjoy each other this week, get motivated, and learn a lot too!  Stay positive, smile, build relationships, and make a difference!  I hope you have a super year!

1 comment:

The Barner Bunch said...

You're right. Something/someone (God) was telling you that it was best to stay at home. I'm glad you listened too!!!!

I hope the insurance people cut you a break. All that paperwork does not sound like something you (or anyone) would enjoy doing.

Miss you friend.