Sunday, July 18, 2010

Where have we been?

I feel like we have been super busy lately and my lack of blogging has proven just that!

We have been able to spend so much time with my best friend Jen and her sweet babies Hudson and Landree!  It has been so nice having her here since the fire.  I really think her being here and us getting to do so much together has truly helped me keep my mind off of what we have been through and are about to go through.  Our time together has truly been a blessing!

So, what all have we been up to?  We have…

Had a sleepover at our friend Shauna’s house. 

We enjoyed pool time, shopping, pizza delivery, and girl talk! 

As always, we had so much fun together! 

DSC_0373 DSC_0379

DSC_0382

DSC_0394

Playdates with Jen, Landree, and Hudson…

 DSC_0454_edited-1DSC_0450_edited-1

DSC_0456_edited-1 

Trips to Canton to look for things like this for Hayden’s  new room!

0701101223 

Cindy and I were also on the hunt for Hudson’s new room decor as well!  I was pretty much on the phone with Jen the whole time we were there!  So sad she couldn’t have been there!

Long shopping trips and good Mexican food!

0624101535 

Jen and I know how to do it right!  We definitely like to make the most of our time out and about!  We are known for leaving early in the morning and not getting home until 10:00 PM or after with our babies in tow.  They are such troopers!!  Most of the time Landree chooses to stay with her Mia.  We are some Mexican food eatin’ girls too!  We have eaten at Posados, On The Border, and Chiloso.  We are known to eat lunch and dinner both at Chiloso when we pull the all day/night shopping trips.    Before Christmas two years ago, when I was pregnant with Hayden, we shopped for 18 hours straight.  Why does it take so long?  I think because we are bargain hunters!!!  Our favs…IKEA, TJ MAXX, ROSS, MARSHALLS, HOME GOODS, TARGET, GOODWILL, GOOD SAMARITANS, etc.  

Most recently, on Thursday, we went junkin’ as we like to call it!  We pretty much hit every junk/antique shop between here and Rockwall looking for junk treasures for the boys’ rooms.  Then, we ate at OTB for my birthday lunch and then went to Dallas to a couple of new places.  We went to Curiosities and Junkadoodle and found some really cool things.  Both places definitely give you sensory overload but are so much fun!

0715101448_edited-1 0715101540_edited-1

Then we hit the great sale at Once Upon a Child. Thanks to Jen’s persistence, we got our things for $1 even though we didn’t have the certain paper copy of the “email” they had sent out.   Talk about some good deals!  Hayden even got to see his daddy real quick.  What a treat!  I think they were both so excited to see each other!!

0715101740_edited-2 

Lots of outside play time!

0528bw

DSC_0447 

And…Jeff and I had a DATE NIGHT on Friday!!! 

Jeff and I share the same birthday (July 15th) and we decided we needed to go on a date.  This was our first one since Hayden was born.  It was long overdue and we had so much fun!

Our first stop…Kyoto (Hibachi…steak and shrimp!)  YUUUUUUMMMMMY!

0716101829_edited-1

Second stop…Bass Pro Shop

Third stop…The Cheesecake Factory!  DELICIOUS!!

0716102024

I really wanted two slices, but I contained myself.  I am not sure how I did it!  Jeff got Snickers Cheesecake and I got Red Velvet Cheesecake.  If you are a red velvet fan, you HAVE TO TRY IT!!  Here is how it was layered…buttercream icing with white chocolate shavings, cheesecake, red velvet cake, cheesecake, red velvet cake.  TO. DIE. FOR. 

Fourth stop…late night movie!

We went to see Inception.  I have to be honest.  It wasn’t my favorite.  Jeff said the more he thought about it, the more he liked it.  I am not sure if I didn’t like it that much because it was way past my bedtime and you have to be on your toes to keep up or because it was 2 1/2 hours long, or just because.  Anyway, it my opinion, it was ok. 

We ended up getting home about 1:30 AM.  And guess who got up at 6:00 AM? 

DING, DING, DING…you guessed it!!  Hayden!  Luckily he went back to bed at 7:00 AM and slept for a couple of hours. 

Thanks to Nanny and Granddaddy, Jeff and I were able to have so much fun being husband and wife for the night!

Whew!  That pretty much sums up the fun stuff we have been doing lately!  Hayden also turned 15 months on the 15th, so look for that post soon!  He is changing and doing so much lately! 

7 comments:

Kaci said...

I am soooooooo going to Junkadoodle!

Kristin said...

Looks like ya'll have been busy but having some fun too!!! Can't wait to read Hayden's 15 month post!

Taren said...

Okay Megan! Melissa and I saw those letters at Canton and she LOVED them! I can picture exactly where we saw them. Canton has the best stuff in the world!!! We are both the same when it comes to shoppping! I will look anywhere and everywhere for a good deal. Also if you ever get anything on-line go to www.retailmenot.com first and I ALWAYS find an on-line coupon for anywhere that I am shopping. Could be free shipping or a percentage off!

Sharon said...

Thanks for letting us keep Hayden while you and Jeff finally got some time together -- alone. Love ya, Mom

Kelly said...

What great fun you have been having. So glad you have had plenty to keep you busy and your mind off the house. You always give me such great ideas of places to go shop and EAT! :)

Jennifer said...

Love you friend! I am totally copying this blog post. :) We've had so much fun with y'all too!

The Barner Bunch said...

Okay...in my next house...we just might have matching playrooms! I'm doing different letters all over too (or that's the plan).

Looks like you've been super busy and having a great summer!!!!
Miss you.