Thursday, June 3, 2010

Our first swim

This past weekend we finally got one of our three pools out for Hayden.  We thought he would love it since he loves his bath.  Boy were we wrong!!  Jeff even warmed the water up for him!

This is the reaction we got…

DSC_0862

He would not put his bottom or his hands in the water.  He just sat in the squatting position until we got him out.  I couldn’t  help but laugh, but I have to admit I was quite sad that he didn’t like it.

DSC_0865

So, instead of swimming, he picked grass and flowers, ate grass and dirt, crawled and walked around…

DSC_0867 DSC_0881

DSC_0878 DSC_0870

 DSC_0876DSC_0875 DSC_0871

I did give it a try again tonight with warm water.  Basically enough to get his feet wet.  Got the same reaction.  I guess we will keep trying!  I hoping it gets better before vacation so we can enjoy the pools and the beach! 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Payton doesn's like to get in by herself... Do you have a pol big enough for you to get in with him? I can fit in her little whale pool and she doesn't mind it as much. But honestly, she loves the big pools just fine! I am sure you won't have any any problems on your vacation!! :)

Marla said...

Well...Parker did the same thing last year when we tried to get her in her blow-up pool. I honestly didn't expect it because, like you with Hayden, she loved the bath so I thought she'd love this, too. We kept trying and she ended up liking it! So good luck!

The Barner Bunch said...

I'll train him! hahaha