Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What have we been up to?

Ok, so I have been a big time blogger slacker.  Sorry Lulu and Geoff!  (I know more of you are wondering, but these two spoke up!)  I will try to do better!  :-)  I think the posting for 12 days straight for Hayden’s birthday wore me out.  Ha!  Or…maybe Hayden is keeping me VERY busy these days!

So, what have we been up to?

DSC_0607

Getting into everything!  Hayden loves to play in the bottom drawer of our pantry.  This is the drawer that holds all his snacks, foods, etc. He especially loves to THROW the glass baby food jars on the floor.  I guess we are lucky that they are usually just falling about 2 or 3 inches and don’t break…or haven’t yet!  This morning, I was in another room and Jeff was in the kitchen watching Hayden peeling his orange at the sink and didn’t realize that Hayden was having so much fun!  I came in the kitchen and saw that Hayden had dumped all his little fruit snacks all over him and he was eating them off the floor!  The crazy thing is he doesn’t care for these while he is in the high chair.  I guess the floor makes them taste better.  The dogs sure were excited to get a treat.  Actually, they love it when Hayden is eating now.  They sit under the high chair and  just wait for the action to happen.  Hayden LOVES to throw his food onto the floor now.  And the dogs scarf it up, especially Chloe.  They even like green peas.  UHK!  Tonight, Hayden had rotisseire chicken, peas and carrots, and grapes.  Well, he started throwing his peas and chicken on the floor.  Of course, I said “No, Hayden…we do not throw our food on the floor.”  And of course, he just smiled.  Well, I finally got him to take a bite and I seriously did a cheer for him.  Then, he began to eat  like a champ and of course, I continued to cheer him on.  He was so proud!  I can’t wait to see Jeff doing cheers for him!  Ha!

And, while I was mowing a few days ago, this is what Hayden and his Daddy did.  The best part was it was actually very organized when they got done playing!  Definitely more organized than it was when they started “playing”.

DSC_0603 DSC_0601

Hayden has also started laying  around on the floor more.  More for play.  He loves to crawl over pillows, bed spreads, his mattress if we are changing his beading, or anything you might have on the floor.  He thinks it is so funny to just fall onto the pillows and roll around. 

DSC_0609

We have really been pretty low key lately.  Not doing to much other than hanging out at home, visiting Nanny and Granddaddy, going to the grocery store, going for walks, enjoying outside, and well…dieting.  I will save that for tomorrow’s post.  :-)  Our garden is in need of some serious attention.  But, with Jeff’s work schedule lately, all the rain, and my lack of “want to”…well, it just simply needs attention.  Maybe this weekend! 

We are going tomorrow to meet our sweet friends Stacey and Cooper.  We are so excited to see them and eat at Chiloso!!  (If you don’t know what Chiloso is, it is somewhat like Chipotle, but WAY better!   Their ranch is TO DIE FOR!  And, if you live by a Chiloso and you haven’t been yet…shame on you!)  :-) 

Thank you to all my sweet friends who replied to my last post about eating!  You helped me so much!  And made me not feel abnormal ! Ha! 

3 comments:

Kaci said...

I remember those days with the tupperware all over the kitchen floor! So cute! You are going to have such a fun summer with that little guy!

Kelly said...

OMGoodness! I just had someone tell me about Chiloso on Monday while in Rockwall! I was eating at Chipolte, my favorite place when we go to the dr. to eat. Kaden loved it too! I'll definately be checking out this place now. You gotta tell me where it is.... :) I love FOOD!!

Kristin said...

Cute pictures!!!!!

I have eaten Chiloso MANY times!! But Phil still hasn't and we live in Rockwall, HA!!!!