Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Morning

DSC_0297
Our first Christmas morning together as a family of three in our new home was wonderful! Jeff was a little unsure of when he would actually get to come home that morning due to the crazy night at work, but luckily he was able to come home at his normal time. Santa came right when he got home at 3:00 AM! After he got a few hours of sleep, he got up and joined Hayden and I.

1st Christmas Morning! Waiting on Daddy to wake up!
DSC_0303

DSC_0300

After Jeff and I "opened our stockings", I opened my present from Jeff. We said we weren't exchanging gifts, but I guess I should have known better! Jeff didn't get a present other than a few things in his stocking. Poor thing! I got a Keurig coffee maker (or we did...Jeff really drinks much more coffee than I do)! Jeff always gets me the best stocking stuffers. One exciting thing I got this year was a Mesquite newspaper. I always look forward to him bringing home the paper on Thursday nights because it has tons of coupons in it. My new favorite thing is to clip coupons! Ha!! I know you think I am crazy! But seriously, it is such a good deal! The Dallas Morning news is now $3.50 for a Sunday paper. A total rip off in my opinion!! But, the Mesquite paper is 50 cents! So, it is great for coupons! Ok, that was random, but I love coupons and saving money!!

DSC_0306

DSC_0305_edited-1

DSC_0304

Back to Christmas morning...Jeff's parents then came over to our house to watch Hayden discover what Santa brought him! They have a tradition of going to Jeff's brother Matt's house really early to watch their kids and eat breakfast. Then, they were able to come over and join us.

DSC_0307

DSC_0312

DSC_0322

DSC_0323

Hayden opened his first wrapped present for the morning. It was a gift from our friends Bo and Rhonda. He got this precious piggy bank! We absolutely LOVE it!! I love personalized gifts and I want to be better about giving gifts like this. Thank you so much Bo and Rhonda!!

DSC_0313

DSC_0316
{Notice Skooter is still wanting Hayden to play with him! For some reason, Skooter wasn't getting much attention that morning.}

Just curious...does Santa leave wrapped gifts at your house? He never did when I was growing up, so I guess he won't for Hayden either! :-)

Hayden would rather crawl on his Daddy than play with his new toys! :-)

DSC_0327

DSC_0324

What a great first Christmas morning! The rest of the day was great too! Another post coming soon!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cute! I love his jammies!

Oh, and Santa leaves unwrapped gifts. He wouldn't have time to wrap all those presents!

Jamie said...

Great pics! I love his jammies, too! Santa leaves us unwrapped gifts.

Langston just wanted to play with all of the wrapping paper, tissue paper, and bags! Forget the toys! :)

Taren said...

Oh Megan he is getting so big! What a cutie! You will LOVE the learn and groove table. When he starts pulling up, this was great because then they can pull up and it won't fall over on them. Camdyn still plays with hers so it will last you a while :)

Kristin said...

Love the picture of him yawning!!!

Payton got the same learning table! :)



P.S. Thank for the info on the Mesquite paper coupons. I wasn't aware of that. I was on a coupon kick and buying the Sunday paper, but then I started thinking, am I even getting $3.50 worth of coupons out of this paper? Good to know, I will have to steal my moms paper!! :)

Shawn and Kimberly AKA Daddy and Mommy said...

Megan,

I am a friend of Jennifer's and occasionally Just wanted to let you know that you can sign up for the Dallas Morning News Briefing (a free paper on Wednesday-Saturday) and the Saturday paper has all of the coupons in it. It does not have the sale ads though. Just go to the Dallas Morning News website to sign up.

The Barner Bunch said...

I love his pjs! Looks like he hit the "jackpot" of toys!!! Before you know it, your house will be a JUNGLE GYM like ours! ha ha