Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve

DSC_0274

Christmas Eve was a fun day for us. At least for Hayden and I. Poor Jeff had to work for 10 hours in the freezing cold, the crazy wind (wind chill of 18 or lower) , snow blowing in sideways, icy roads, walking up high bridges trying to get to people who wrecked out...pure craziness for him! But, Hayden and I enjoyed our afternoon together. We watched the snow fall and cooked a few things for our afternoon at our friend Cindy's house and prepared for Christmas Day. Jen's mom Cindy invited Hayden and I and my parents, Robin, and Granddaddy, over for Christmas Eve. Spending Christmas Eve together is a tradition that we have had for as long as I can remember. Typically we have it at my parents' house along with my Dad's side of the family. But, because of Mom's health, we didn't do that this year. We were so glad that despite Mom's health and the crazy weather, Mom was able to make it! As always, we had a great time together!

DSC_0268_edited-1

Landree, Jen's little girl, is so precious! She was genuinely so excited and so thankful before she even knew what her present from us was. After she opened it, she again, was so thankful and excited. What she didn't realize was that it was actually rooms for her doll house Santa was bringing the next day.
DSC_0287

Hayden loved the books (paper) he got!
DSC_0279

Landree was so sweet and played with Hayden and even wanted to read his new books to him! She is such a good reader {storyteller}!

DSC_0276

DSC_0284

Hayden was loving crawling {sliding} all over the floor! Cindy was helping him try to get some traction and practice his crawling skills!
DSC_0277

Hudson, Jen's 4 month old, was there too! I guess I didn't get a picture of that baby doll! Sorry Hudson! We are so excited about what Christmas will be like next year with the boys!

"Momma, really, you have already kissed me over a thousand times today. Again?"
DSC_0269

A few years in review...
This year
DSC_0289
(I am thinking I look much more tired and "Blah" this year. Wonder why?)

Last year (I was about 5 months pregnant). We had just found out we were having a precious little BOY!
Christmas 08

In 2006 (Landree's First Christmas)
jen and megan

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So fun to see the review pics. I want to scan in some pics of us when we were little while I'm home. We love you guys! And we are so glad we could spend Christmas Eve with y'all!