Friday, September 11, 2009

Busy week!

DSC_0967
(This picture has nothing to do with anything other than we haven't had much tummy time this week because we have been on the go-go-go!)


Hayden and I have had a busy week!

Starting with last Friday, I had the oral surgery. Then, we decided to call the doctor on Friday because Hayden was really stuffy, had a runny nose, coughing and sneezing some, etc. Basically what I thought was a cold or allergies, but they had us come in on Saturday morning. After waiting almost 2 hours (with an appt.), turns out that Mr. Hayden had an ear infection. Poor baby! It's no wonder he wasn't sleeping well with a stuffy nose he couldn't breathe and I am assuming his ear was hurting as well. He never pulled on his ear that gave me any sign that it might be hurting prior to the doctor visit. He didn't run fever either. On Sunday morning, he woke up with scratches on the side of his face by his ear. I guess it must have been hurting! So, he is taking the "bubble gum-pink stuff" as called it as a kid. I guess we are broke in now with our first ear infection and first round of antibiotics. He is feeling better and actually slept 6 1/2 hours last night without waking up! That hasn't happened in a long time!

Then Saturday afternoon we had a house warming party for Jeff's sister and her husband. They built a beautiful new home. They have been working on it for 3 years or so, so they were soooo proud to have it complete!

On Monday, I helped Jeff paint at the house while my mom kept Hayden for a couple of hours. I really haven't gotten to help much at the house so it was nice to feel like I was actually contributing some. Then, Hayden and I went to Home Depot to get several things we needed for the house.

One Wednesday, Hayden and I went with my mom to a couple of her doctor appointments. We ran around all day getting things for the house...Sherwin-Williams, Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-Mart. What is funny, is the people at Home Depot know us now. They know Hayden by name and always ooohh and ahhh over him. I typically have him in the sling and they always look to see if he is asleep or not. Anyway, it is obvious 3 times in Home Depot in less than a week is a little much when they know you by name!

On Thursday, I had a follow up appointment from my oral surgery in Dallas. After that we had lunch with our friend Stacey at Luna de Noche-YUM! and then went to Lone Star Baby and Kids. Fun store!! Then, we went over to Stacey's home so I could feed Hayden. Then, we had our long journey back home!

Unfortunately, Hayden had many of his naps in the car or the sling lately. I hate it when he gets all his naps in the car, but what do you do when you have to get things done? And, you live 30 minutes to one hour away from everything! I always feel so guilty!

We got our cabinets installed yesterday! They look great! I will post a pic soon!

Off to test paint samples...

No comments: