Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our Second Week at Home

I would say our second week at home has been a success! We really haven't had another night like Saturday, thank goodness! We still have had some late night bouts of crying, but not like that night! Hayden is pretty much on a 3 hour eating schedule. Every once in a while he will go 4 hours which is always a nice surprise when you wake up and notice you got an extra hour of sleep!

On Sunday, we went to see my parents at their house. For some reason I had the chills and couldn't get rid of them. Then, by the time we left there my body hurt so bad all over! So, luckily I had pumped enough milk to get three bottles ready and I went to bed. Jeff was on Daddy duty! Hayden and Daddy did great! I woke up in the middle of the night and took my temperature and it was 103.3. I had no idea what was wrong other than I felt like I had been run over by a truck and I was running a high fever! After some middle of the night internet research, I finally figured out I had mastitis. So, I called the doctor the next day and they called me in some antibiotics. So, by Tuesday morning I was much better!

On Thursday, we had Hayden's two week check-up. The goal was for him to be back up to birth weight. Well, he was exactly 7 lbs 4 oz and was 20.5 inches long (an inch longer)! A funny story...they told us to go ahead and start getting him naked so they could weigh him. So, Jeff started taking everything off and I was sitting right next to them. Lucky me, I got a straight shot of pee when the diaper came off! :-) We go back to the doctor in two more weeks for another check-up!

On Friday, I was like a free woman! We had several errands to run, so Jeff offered to watch Hayden while I got out of the house for a little bit! It was my first time to drive since delivery. It was so nice to just listen to the radio and have some "me" time. Jeff called about 5 minutes before I got home wanting to know when I would be home because Little Man was hungry! Luckily I made it just in time!

Here are some pictures from this week...

One of the few times you will catch him with the pacifier. He doesn't really care for it too much.



A little smile? Or getting rid of something in your diaper?



A little tummy time...

Worn out after tummy time!

1 comment:

The Barner Bunch said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how much he has changed!! Really! He already looks so different from last week. I'm telling you...he will change DAILY! Ahhhh I miss those days.
Are you feeling better? So sorry to hear that. At first I thought you were going to say that you had SWINE flu! LOL I was reading temperature of 103 and I thought....OH NO!!!!
Miss you.
I need to plan a trip to come see my little boy.