Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's a...

It's a BOY! It's a BOY! The Smith's are having a BOY!!

We are so excited! Jeff literally jumped out of the chair. I made them go back and check again to make sure and sure enough...no denying it is a boy! Yes, I have to admit there was a little piece of me that wanted a girl, but I could not be more excited. After the appointment, Jeff had to go to work and I went straight to Babies R Us to look around. I could hardly stand it. It is so real now.

It was a little bit of an emotional roller coaster today. My appointment was for 1:00 and the doctor's office called me today at 11:30 and left a message saying they had to cancel my appointment. Of course, I was devastated. Jeff was already on his way so I called him and told him to go back home. Then, I called the office back and they told me to go ahead and keep my appointment that another doctor was going to come in and help out. YEA!!! So, I called Jeff back and told him to turn around again and the rest is history...

The doctor I went to today specializes in sonography. It was not my regular OB-Gyn. They looked at every part of the body make sure everything was progressing as normal. They check the lip, parts of the brain, heart chambers, spine, counted the toes, looked at the kidneys, used infa-red to look at the blood flow in the umbilical cord, etc. It was amazing even though half the time we had no idea what we were looking at. Our baby was a little bit uncooperative at times and was constantly on the move. Maybe that was the Starbucks on the way???

We were able to get a DVD of the sono, so I will see if I can get some of it on here. The doctor told me he and my OB-Gyn wanted me in to get a sonogram every month due to my chronic hypertension and a procedure I had previously had to remove pre-cancerous cells. So, as the schedule is now, I will be going to either my doctor or the sonographer every other week.

I will keep you posted! :-)

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

So fun I can't wait to shop! 2 weeks!

Catherine said...

YAY!! A boy!! So exciting! And think of all of the baby pics you're going to get! Awesome!!

Jamie said...

So exciting! I really thought you were going to say it was a girl since you had mentioned it a few weeks ago! So fun!

Jill said...

Congratulations!

Lisa said...

A boy, congratulations!!!

Amanda said...

Yay! What a fun surprise. :)

The Barner Bunch said...

And you'll KEEP asking the doctor to..."double check" on the sex! It's not big deal!!!!

I'm thrilled! Can't wait to have a little playmate/hunting partner/football buddy/camping fren!!!! Oh what fun!!!

Loved the bedding you showed me! It's totally "you" (and Hayden)

Marla said...

Congratulations on your baby boy!! We had no idea you were expecting! I just got your 3-day postcard and decided to check out your blog! I'm so happy for ya'll!

-Marla

Kelly said...

Megan! It's Kelly Mabe! (Kelly House) Your Aunt Mary Helen told me tonight at our Christmas party that you were expecting a little boy! Congrats! We are Too!!! Here's my blogspot so you can keep up! www.mabebabe.blogspot.com
We need to talk, we live so CLOSE now! Anyway, check out my baby details and I'll keep up with you as well! Merry Christmas!Love ya!!!