Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blogging...it all begins!

Today was my official last day of work for the 07-08 school year! I am off until August 5th!

We (all district principals and assistant principals) spent the last two days learning about teaching the "21st Century" learner. Basically learning how we need to make sure our students are not "powering down" to come to school and ensuring that we are keeping our students engaged through integrating technology. We learned about blogging, webquest, podcast, social networking, wiki's, etc. It was truly a great two days of learning! I can't wait for us to share all we learned with our teachers!

I have also been inspired by my best friend Jennifer's Blog (babylandree.blogspot.com). She has been blogging for a while and I am addicted to checking for updates on her blog daily. I am not so sure I will be that good with it or have the need to be (since we don't have kids yet), but I will give it a shot! Although, I am sure I could always come up with a story about Chloe barking too much or Skooter smacking while chewing on a bone...

So, here I am with the desire to begin our first "Smith Family Blog". Who knows, Jeff might get crazy and post something one day! Keep checking!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Yay! I have a new blog to stalk! I hope you guys are doing well!

Catherine

The Barner Bunch said...

I'm ready for something CRAZY!!!! I wanna see vacation pictures soon.
Next time Jennifer is in town...we should sit down at computers WITH her and have her teach us how to scrapbook on-line.
Speaking of....I better get the next CRAFT NIGHT at your place!!!