Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving week off from school consisted of passing around the the FLU!  Yuck!  Sunday before Thanksgiving, I felt terrible!  Thankfully after lunch, Hayden laid down with me for a nap and slept until Jeff got home from work.  I didn’t get out of bed until the next morning when I went to the doctor.  Sure enough, after the horrible flu test, it came back positive immediately.  The doctor said I was highly contagious.  We went and picked up prescriptions, lots of vitamin c, Lysol,  germ-x and Jeff got a flu shot!  We tried to prevent everyone else getting it! 

Thursday {Thanksgiving Day} we were all feeling pretty good.  That day for lunch we went to the Smith’s.  Then after we had a yummy lunch there, we headed over to Aunt Barbara and Gary’s for a visit with everyone.

DSC_0551

Trevor, Cannon, Robin, Hayden, and Blaze.

DSC_0567

DSC_0562DSC_0556

Boys and their sticks.  Cracks me up!

DSC_0553

The cousins always have a super fun time together. I love it when they get to hang out together. I have the best memories of growing up with my cousins!

DSC_0554DSC_0555

We are missing a couple of the younger cousins in these picture.  Blade and Aiden were inside playing. 

Thursday night Jeff starting feeling yucky and had the flu through Sunday/Monday.  I did get to go do some Black Friday shopping all night that night.  I got home about 9:30 AM Friday morning.  Fun, Fun! 

Sunday, Hayden started running a fever and by Monday morning he was one sick little boy.  So, Monday we took him to the doctor and sure enough he tested positive for the flu.  He hasn’t ever been this sick before.  He has still felt kind of yucky today (Wednesday), but is certainly much better and has pretty much been fever free today.  

I haven’t had a flu shot in many many years and haven’t gotten Hayden one since he was a baby. But, I can guarantee that our entire family will all have them next year!

We have kind of taken things easy the last week and a half.  Taking lots of naps and resting/watching a lot of shows.   Sunday night we decided to have a family movie night and watch Shrek.  Look who made herself all comfy!

DSC_0569

DSC_0568

We are all anxious to be back to feeling normal soon!   Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: