Monday, March 5, 2012

Our new car. WHEW!

Today we finally made the leap with our new car purchase!  Researching and find the right one for us has been a feat.  Jeff and I (mostly me) both had things we wanted/didn’t want so it took us quite some time to find the right one.  Last night, I had made up my mind to buy a new Ford Explorer.  We both fell in love with them and actually still love them.  But, I started thinking about how selfish I was being and that it really wasn’t the best thing for our family.  Dave Ramsey was talking to us.  Ha!  So, this morning we got up early and met Jeff in Greenville to drive a couple of used Durango’s.  Jeff liked them a lot.  I liked them ok.  We also drove an Armada and fell in love with it!  But, the 13.8 MPG gas mileage on the odometer was screaming at us!  So, I called the Ford dealership in Sulphur Springs and they had two explorers that I wanted to look at.  So, we made the trek there.  Well, the two I wanted to see were gone.  GRRR.  But, they had a few SUV’s on their lot that we liked.  So, we told the salesman to grab the keys to the Mazda CX-9.  Well, it was pretty much love at first site.  Totally loaded.  Everything we wanted.  Well within our price range.  Drove like a car not an army tank.  Bingo!  We made our deal, ran home to drop off Hayden with Nana (he was done with car shopping-bless his heart!) drop off one of our vehicles, grab checkbooks, and headed back.  Then, the car was ours. 

Poor Jeff worked all night last night with only 4 hours of sleep yesterday then dealt with this all day and just went to bed . I have no idea how he was functioning. But, he was awesome!

We are both in love with it.  I am not sure if I am more excited about actually getting the car or the sleepless nights, hours of internet research, dealing with salesmen (no offense!) and long talks are OVER!

photo

2 comments:

Kristin said...

COOL!!! SO happy for you!! Looks so nice, can't wait to see it in person!!!

Marla said...

Congrats!! How exciting! You look good in your new car! :)