Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mom Update 2-9-12

DSC_0743

We went to see Mom yesterday for her birthday.  She had lost about 10 lbs since Monday.   So, that is good news!  Not sure she was feeling much better, but said she is feeling better today.  She also was moved out of ICU and back  into a regular room yesterday as well.  They changed her off of her Bumex drip to a Bumex push (straight into her iv) so this is why she was able to move out of ICU.  I know she is probably about done being there, but I haven’t heard her complain. 

DSC_0745

Robin brought her some pretty flowers and Aunt Kathy and Granddaddy sent her some pretty flowers too.  So, her room was pretty cheery!  I stopped at Costco and got a yummy Red Velvet cake for us to enjoy.  Hayden was so excited about eating birthday cake! 

Aunt Mary Helen and Cindy have been to visit her the last couple of days.  Thank ya’ll so much!  I know she loved having you visit! 

Hayden really hasn’t wanted much to do with Mom when we go visit.  He wants to go see her, but really won’t get too close.  He even said “Don’t like her.” when we were leaving one day.  So sad.  :-(  He loves his Nanny, but he doesn’t understand why she has all those wires and things making noise around her. 

Hope she gets to come home soon!  We love you Mom!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I remember being really young and my grandmother was in the hospital with lots of wires. I LOVED her but I remember I had no interest in going near her in the hospital. I hope that passes for him. I bet that's hard on you. Praying for your mom.

Carla Bradshaw said...

Prayers for your mom Megan. Love you all!

lisa leggett said...

thinking of you & your mama today.
praying for continual improvement so she can go home... love