Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Potty Training, Day 2

Hayden finished up the squares on this chart this morning and we were able to head to Wal-Mart to let him pick out a new train.  He was so excited! 

photo 1 photo 2

Yes, this is an investment, but I want him to see an immediate reward.  Maybe not the best way to do it, but it is working for us so far!  I know we will increase the stickers need on the chart and/or change the reward at some point soon. 

We started a new chart today.  We were actually gone most of the day, but he did well this morning and did great after we got back home this afternoon.  I took our potty with us and put it in the back of the Tahoe for him to use.  I have to admit, it was quite funny with him sitting on his potty in the back of the car while covered up with my jacket so he wasn’t just out for everyone to see {and it was quite cold today}!  He was happy as a lark, but never actually went in the potty.  He used two diapers while we were out.  Once when I was at my appointment (Robin was in the waiting room with him) and once on the way home this afternoon.  Otherwise, he was dry!   YAY!  I am really proud of him. 

Our struggles…when he first wakes up.  The last thing he wants to do is go sit on the potty.  He is a little moody in the morning.  And the other, when he is sitting on the potty, he will try to keep from going because he doesn’t want it to get on him.  I am thinking about letting him stand up???  This is all so new to me! 

And that is your potty training update for today.  I think we can do this! 

2 comments:

Marla said...

Yay for Hayden AND Mom! Sounds like ya'll are doing great!

Catherine said...

He is doing great!!

Obviously since I have a girl, I have no real experience with the standing thing, but my sister has two boys. I know she did a lot of it with them standing. Her husband and the boys would go at the same time. And she would put cheerios in the water and have them aim at those. Not sure if that helps, but those are my suggestions! :)

And something about food coloring...maybe blue, then watch it change color when they go potty?? I think i read that somewhere, not sure if it would work at all!!

good luck!!