Thursday, December 29, 2011

A new love…It’s name is Silhouette!

DISCLAIMER-I know I need to blog about Christmas still, but I can hardly contain my excitement, therefore I have to blog about something different tonight!  :-)

I don’t know about you, but I love just about anything with a name or monogram on it!  Well, I have a new found love that will do just that!  Jen got a new Silhouette Cameo for Christmas and man is that thing fun!  I NEED one too!  The Silhouette site lists them for $299, but I see them on a few sites for $269.  Gotta start saving my money! 

Jen, Hayden, and I made a “quick” trip (as in didn’t open and close the joint in the same day) to Canton and got some great deals.  Just about every booth had everything half off!  We couldn’t wait to get home to get started on our projects!

What I love about the Silhouette is you can design anything you want on your computer and print it out!  You don’t have to buy a cartridge for it and you can use any font you want!  Also, you can buy numerous images for 99 cents each!  I think it is a little more expensive than the Cricut, but seems to really be a lot cheaper in the long run. 

Today, we used the Silouette to put vinyl on everything we own.  So, the first thing you do, is design your vinyl print on the computer.  Another thing I love is that you pretty much don’t waste any space/vinyl! 

DSC_0326

Then, you get to cutting!!  Are you ready to see some of our projects? 

We got these desks at Hobby Lobby.  They are $6.99 and we used a 40% coupon of course!  I am so in love with how Hayden’s turned out!  To our friends with birthdays coming up, don’t be surprised if you get one of these!  ;-)  We bought the truck image for 99 cents and cut out a blue one and a green one, then just used each other’s for the accent color.

DSC_0324

I got two huge signs today at Canton for 50% off.  They are about 2ftx2ft.  Before and after…

DSC_0328 DSC_0331

Are you as excited as me??  The letters of our last name are about 5-6 inches tall.

DSC_0325 DSC_0341

Cute ornaments for next year…

DSC_0339 DSC_0338

Picture fame…

DSC_0333

DSC_0335

Christmas Plate…

DSC_0334

DSC_0336

We have more projects in the works for tomorrow!  Stay Tuned! 

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maybe they will give you one for the advertising :) I LOVE! it! You got so excited you didn't mention where we went today. Saturday we'll have to see what they have at Good Samaritan we could add vinyl to :)

Kelly said...

Love. Love. Love. Can't wait till I have time to do these things! Great job girls!

Kristin said...

That's pretty cool! Can't wait to see the other things you add too!!

Marla said...

This post made ME excited! Ha! Hmmm....I do have a little Christmas money left... ;)

Lisa said...

That is very cool! If I had one I would put it on everything too!

Jessica said...

I have seen the silhouette and have wondered what it can do...thanks for sharing the pics! Now I want to get one! Guess I need to start saving as well. :)