Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Carnival at Church

 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me.”  John 14:6

DSC_0928 DSC_0931

“Jesus is the way.” was our theme for our Church Carnival on Sunday.  Each Sunday School class was responsible for a game around that theme.  My Junior High Girls class did hop scotch.  We were real original and went all out and probably had nothing to do with the theme.  ;-)   We all had fun though! 

We also had a casserole cook-off.  I was so sad I didn’t win.  I took this Cheesy Enchilada Casserole I found on pinterest.  I still thought it was pretty yummy!  ;-)  There was a Ruben casserole that took grand prize. 

Hayden wasn’t feeling real great on Sunday, but he still did a little playing with his Daddy and Lizzy.  I think this tent was his favorite.  They had corn spread out and tractors to scoop the corn while searching for a prize. 

DSC_0922

Our friends Tommy and Hudson were up next!

DSC_0923

He kind of liked racing the 4 wheelers too.

DSC_0917 DSC_0918

A little bowling action.

DSC_0933 DSC_0934

This was a “roller coaster”.  The kids L.O.V.E.D.  it!  Well, I think everyone but Hayden.  We didn’t get a picture of the “roller coaster” part, but it was this Little Tikes plastic ramp with hills that you rode this little car off of.  The little kids couldn’t get enough! 

DSC_0919

DSC_0920

Hop Scotch.

DSC_0925 DSC_0926

We skipped Trick-or-Treating on Halloween.  Hayden wasn’t feeling great and we had family pictures that afternoon/evening too. 

We ended up taking Hayden to the doctor yesterday.  He woke up with a little fever and lots of coughing and congestion.  Just allergies, cold, viral.  But, she did go ahead and give us a antibiotic.  I am glad!  He took a 3 1/2 hour nap and woke up with 102 fever and just felt progressively worse, so I went ahead and gave him the meds.  It is so crazy, he has been sick this exact week for the past three years.  He woke up better and has been playing all morning.  We need him better so we can head to the deer lease this weekend!  This Momma has some hunting to do!! 

Blogging may be a little scarce the next week.  Jen is in town, Shauna is coming to stay the night, Canton tomorrow, and then we are headed to the deer lease!   Hope big Daddy comes to see me!!  I am so excited to get in the stand!

No comments: