Sunday, October 2, 2011

When lightening strikes!

A couple of weeks ago, we had a really bad “lightening” storm come through.  Jeff and I stayed outside under the awning for a while watching it and trying to get some pictures.  Here are a couple I caught.  Keep in mind it is pitch dark when I took these.  The second one looks almost daylight. 

DSC_0387 DSC_0386

As luck would have it, lightening struck the power pole in front of our house and sent a surge through our house. I suppose that is what you would call it?  Jeff and I were sitting on the couch and we heard this loud pop inside our house as the electricity went out. We were the only one without power around here.  Dad and Jeff made sure there wasn’t a fire any where and we called the electric company to come fix it.  The electricity came back on around 1AM.   Well, when we got up the next morning, we noticed our microwave and LED light above our stove wasn’t working.  We thought it might be the plug.  Nope, wasn’t the plug.  Then, we noticed our printer wasn’t working.  Then, we noticed that Hayden’s video baby monitor wasn’t working.  Then, we noticed that our washing machine wasn’t working.  Lovely huh?  Well, later than evening, it was warm in our house.  Guess what, our AC wasn’t working either!!  Seriously, this wasn’t happening!  Everything was less than a year old since we had to replace everything after the fire.  Which, in turn, has been a blessing!!!  Our AC guy came and fixed our unit with a fan he took off our old AC unit {which is like new but too small for our house now} that we had when our house burned. FREE!!  Then, the washing machine guy came out and has ordered the parts to {hopefully} fix our washer for FREE!  Then, we took our light down above our stove.  It was one of those $80 lights that we spent the money on because it is supposed to last forever.  Well, lucky for us, I still had the receipt and guess what LOWES exchanged it for FREE!  Then, I called COSTCO about our microwave {because I still had receipt} and they are going to replace it for FREE! 

Can you believe it?  God is good huh? 

I did order a new printer online and paid $85 for it.  And, I have made it two weeks without a video monitor.  I wasn’t sure I could do it.  So, I am not sure if we will replace it or not.  It was one I got for cheap from a friend of Jen’s and I L.O.V.E.D. that thing!!!  I loved watching our sweet boy sleep.  Or if he was upset about not wanting to go to sleep, we knew he was ok.  But, I can say, I sleep much better at night not having it on. 

I am ready to have my washer fixed, but thankfully Mom and Dad are right next door and I can use theirs when I need to. 

What an emotional roller coaster ride this lightening strike has been, but it could have been so much worse.  We are definitely counting our blessings!

No comments: