Sunday, May 29, 2011

Biting and Baccalaureate

We had a great Sunday! So glad Jeff finally had a day off!   This morning was church.  I went to Sunday School and then to the nursery to do my bi-monthly “duty”.  I mean, it is a duty right?  They MAKE me go in that nursery and snuggle with those precious babies.  :-)  I don’t think either of the baby girls in there made a peep the whole time.  They were so content!  For some reason, I don’t remember a time when Hayden didn’t make a sound.  Ha!  We did have a new experience today.  When I went to pick up Hayden from his room after church, they lady in there showed me his arm and told me he had been bitten by another child.  YIKES!  It was quite red but I think I handled it pretty well. I have to admit, I am pretty glad that Jeff wasn’t there to pick him up.  If you know Jeff,  you know why.  :-)  I know things like this are inevitable but I still don’t want them to happen or more importantly for my child to learn to bite someone else. 

This afternoon, I was able to go to Robin’s Baccalaureate.  Just how do you pronounce that word anyway?   I got some pictures of before and after but we actually ended up sitting on the opposite side of where we thought Robin would be during the ceremony.  Maybe I can do better during graduation! 

Daddy, Robin, and Momma

DSC_0791

Just the two of us!

DSC_0781_edited-1

DSC_0779_edited-1

Cousins!  Robin and Morgan. They were both recognized as being honor graduates and graduating on the distinguished plan (taking a certain number of upper level and college classes).  So proud of BOTH of these girls!    (Carla, I stole your picture!)  :-)

Robin’s BFF Stephanie played her guitar and sang during the ceremony.  Two other senior girls also sang while another girl played the piano.  They all did so good!  I was so impressed! 

DSC_0788 

I can’t believe graduation is just a few days away.  I did pretty good today, but I am pretty sure we will all be a mess on Graduation night.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

You girls look like sisters! :)

Sharon said...

I came REAL close to crying...saving it for Friday!

Sharon said...

Remind me to put lipstick on before the next picture!

I am sorry about Hayden's bite. Maybe he won't learn to retaliate.