Tuesday, February 15, 2011

1st Hair Cut at 22 Months

Today, Hayden got his first hair cut.  Today is the day he turned 22 months.  Just two months from turning two years old.  I just had to get all those two’s in there!  Sounded cool!  Ha! 

I was quite nervous about the haircut for a couple of reasons. 

One, I had no idea how he would act.  I didn’t know if he would throw a screaming fit, want to be held, or be an angel.  Well, guess what?  He was an angel!  :-) 

He had him a Sonic Strawberry Slush to keep him occupied!

DSC_0338

Kristi, a girl that has been doing my hair off and on for a long time, agreed to do it for us! 

DSC_0339

Isn’t he doing so good? We were so proud of him!

DSC_0340

When the slush wore off, Kristi gave him some M&M’s.  He couldn’t shove them in fast enough!  His face is red in this picture because he was coughing and still putting those M&M’s in! 

DSC_0343

DSC_0345

All done!

DSC_0346

I was also worried because I didn’t know how it would look.  He has so many cowlicks, swirls, and curls in different directions and had no idea how we would “style” it. I really didn’t want to cut off all his curl, but I didn’t want him to have a mullet.    I definitely think it looks so much better.  It is much easier to brush and it doesn’t stick out on the sides.  And…his curls are still there!

DSC_0356

Kristi saved some of his curls she cut off the side and made us a little certificate.  I love it!

DSC_0369

Hayden and Jeff went to see PaPa while I got my hair done too!  As if he didn’t have enough sugar with the Strawberry Slush and M&M’s, his PaPa gave him two suckers!  Jeff said he kept going back and for between them.  Lovely!  Thanks PaPa! :-) It must have done something good, because he came home and took a 3 hour nap!  I am pretty sure Hayden brushed his teeth a few times today too.  Thank goodness!!!

photo

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

TWO SUCKERS! That kid is SPOILED! Ha! The slush was such a good idea. I love his new do! Such a cutie!

Kristin said...

Haircut looks TOO cute!! I love the little certificate with the curls!!!

Lisa said...

So cute! What a great idea with the "My First Haircut" certificate.

The Barner Bunch said...

Do whatever you have to, to keep that boy HAPPY during a hair cut! Hilarious!!! I love the pictures...and captions of what was going on.
LOL...now you know how to prepare for the next one!