Sunday, October 24, 2010

House Rebuild Update and Our Sunday

This is for you Kelly Ann!

I thought I might have a little more to report to you, but things went a little slower than I thought!  Of course, I always have high hopes. :-)

Trim work was completed and paint is getting closer to being complete.  About half of the trim and interior doors, and all the crown mold still needed to be painted. 

Remember this post?  Well, I ended up not even going with any of those for wall colors.  My friend Stacy encouraged me and I went with her suggestion!  I decided on Sherwin Williams Latte for all the walls and SW Antique White for the ceiling, trim, and doors.  I love it!  I really wanted to do something a little different for the utility room, but I just couldn’t make a decision I was happy with.  So, I decided to wait until I could see everything all pulled together, then maybe one day I might want to change it. 

Of course, color is hard to tell in pictures, but here are a couple in our bedroom.  That is plastic, tape, and paper on the door in the middle.

DSC_0577

In this picture, our ceilings look stark white.  But, they certainly aren’t white.  I am really loving the antique white though!

DSC_0576

They also started working on trimming and building shelves for our closets.

DSC_0580

Here is a dilemma I am having right now.  Our front door.  Well, really all our exterior doors.  I wanted something different.  Something other than white like we had last time.  I really thought I wanted a red.  I am sure it had something to do with the red I already had, but I tried it and it looked TERRIBLE!!! 

So, I have tried a couple of different colors.

Gray…(Can’t think of the actual color right now.)

DSC_0581  DSC_0582

This one is SW Keystone Gray.  Actually more tan than gray to me.

DSC_0585 DSC_0587

Not sure I love either one of them.  But, I am thinking we may just go with Gray #1 for now until I can find something I love.  :-)  Your thoughts?

Cabinets did not get started getting painted/stained this past week.  Supposed to start in the morning.  I am so excited to see how they turn out!  If they get finished by Thursday (like they said they would be) then we should be getting some kitchen countertops on Friday.  So, maybe I will have some countertop pictures along with cabinet pictures to show you next weekend.

So, what did we do today?  Hung out at home!  I can’t think of a time recently that we did not go somewhere during the day.  We were church skippers too.  Quite honestly, I know this is not an excuse, but I am scared to death of us getting that stomach virus that is running rampant around here.  I didn’t want Hayden to go into the nursery to spread his runny nose and coughing germs and pick up someone else's tummy bug!  S0, we decided to stay home and get things done around here.  We cleaned at the new house.  Cleaned up the travel trailer getting ready for hunting season.  Cleaned up some things that survived the fire that we are going to use again in the house.  Road the Ranger.  Painted doors.  And…shot guns.  Well, I shot once.  Dad and Jeff shot a lot getting several guns/scopes sighted in.

DSC_0586_edited-1 Nice redneck picture huh?  Nothing like holding the gun and your kid in the same picture.  He was trying to hold Hayden still so I could snap of a picture of him and his dirty self.

photo Hayden played on his slide, ran around, swung, played in the water and mud, and picked up sticks and rocks.  He was simply a country boy who played outside for about 7 hours today.  Today was a one nap day and he was one tired boy come bedtime. 

photo Oh yes, he went to bed with a fat lip.  He fell and busted his lip right before we came in after being injury free playing outside for 7 hours.  Poor baby! 

The weather was kind of exciting tonight.  Crazy actually.  I know of atleast one tornado only a few miles down the road.  Kind of scary!  Here are a few pictures of the sky tonight.

DSC_0589 DSC_0591

We had a great weekend and really feel like we got some things accomplished!  Don’t you love that feeling?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love it all! I am so excited to see everything pulled together! I like the first door best, but it looks similar to the building color-I know you'll find the perfect color eventually! I wonder how a turquoise color would look or blueish...

Poor little Hayden. I love the redneck picture. Did y'all take a bath tonight?

Kelly said...

Thanks for that update! :)
I want to come see the hosue soon! Maybe next weekwnd? We could let the boys get dirty together and we could paint some furniture or something? I love painting...if we can manage that without baby helpers! :) Have a GREAT week!

Jayde said...

I'm a green person so I say green for the door.....coming from someone who has been in her house for almost 4 yrs now and still has an off-white door with intentions to paint it! ;)

Kristin said...

I like the Grey #1

The house is really looking good!!

Looks like a fun day!! Hayden really is ALL boy isn't he!! Not to mention a country boy!! :)