Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Good Samaritan Saturday without Good Samaritan

This past Saturday was full of opportunities for treasure hunting!!  Cindy (Jen’s mom) and I had been planning to go to Junkadoodle in Dallas after we found out they were having their annual outdoor flea market this past weekend.  Then, we found out that it was the Hwy 80 Garage Sale weekend as well.  We had a hard time not going to Good Samaritans, but we decided we better go ahead and head toward Junkadoodle early.  So, we decided to take the longer way and check out some garage sales.  We only stopped at two on our way and didn’t find anything.  However, we were so excited that we found this antique double wash tub on a stand at Junkadoodle!

DSC_0533

At first, we weren’t real sure which one of us would get it and what we would do with it, but we knew we were not leaving there without it.  

DSC_0536

I ended up getting it for $35 and I am so excited about it!! 

DSC_0537

So, what am I going to do with it?

DSC_0525

I am going to put it on the left wall in my utility room and use it as a laundry sorter.  I have been looking for some type of sorter.  I had not found one that I thought was big enough or worth the money.  I think this wash tub takes care of both of those.  Large enough and definitely worth the $35!  Of course the vintage look is a plus too!  I love it and I think it will look great with my cabinets!

What do you think?  What would you do with it?

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Love it!! I think that is a great idea!

Kelly said...

You are just too crafty! You need to do this shopping for people for a living! You could get paid!! :)

Jamie said...

I love that idea!! I wish I had room in my utility room for something like that! Great idea!

The Barner Bunch said...

You're so clever!
The house looks amazing! Love those cabinets in the kitchen!!!!

Kristin said...

That is so cute!! What a great idea!!