Friday, January 1, 2010

Making the rounds on Christmas day!

After Santa came, we planned to make the rounds on Christmas day. We first planned to go to my Aunt Barbara's house before lunch, my brother's for lunch, and Jeff's parents for dinner. Except, we didn't quite make the first stop and were late to the second stop. Oh well!

So, 1st we went to my brother's house. My sister-in-law is quite the cook! She is one that can just cook from the top of her head (unlike me...always needing a recipe) and it always turns out wonderful! They always have a huge spread and it is always sooooo good!!

Hayden got this Lightning McQueen "Rock and Ride" from my brother and his family. It is so cool because it will "grow" with him. It can rock, or you can take that off and it has a handle where you can push him in it, or he can ride it all on his own. Of course it makes all kinds of noises!

DSC_0331

DSC_0330

DSC_0332

Hayden and his Nanny and his new telephone my parents got him. I am in love with all the “old” but “new” Fisher Price toys at Target! (Hayden also got a sock monkey and the sock monkey jack-in-the-box.) Hayden loves to chew on her oxygen hose. Ha! The bandage you see on Mom's neck is where they cut her dialysis port out. Poor thing, it look like it hurt so bad!

DSC_0337

After lunch at my brother's, we went to Jeff's parent's house for the Smith Christmas. We all brought appetizer and snack food for dinner. My favorite thing that night was Jeff's sister's recipe. She had wrapped lil' smokies in bacon and drizzled (maybe drenched) them with brown sugar and baked them. SO, SO GOOD!! I have no idea how many I ate, but they were delicious!

DSC_0353_edited-1

With seven grandkids, they were ready to finish eating and get started with the presents! We make them open one at a time and all take turns opening gifts...youngest to oldest. I love it. I love seeing their reactions. I love hearing their comments. But, I am quite sure it is torture for them!

Christmas

Hayden got so many great new toys and clothes from our friends and family! We are so thankful! It was fun watching Hayden this year as he ate the paper and tissue and played with the boxes, but I can't wait for next year and to see his personality!

DSC_0377

Hayden was so tired after such a long and exciting day! He was lovin' on his Uncle Mark.
Christmas-Tired!

Hayden got his second wind and decided he wanted to play with his Aunt Sherry and Uncle Matt.
Second Wind

We always take family photos at Christmas time. I was so sad when we got in the truck to leave and remembered that we never took ours.

Jeff's Momma and Daddy.
DSC_0345

Jeff's brother Mark and his family. He is the oldest of the siblings.
DSC_0347_edited-1

Jeff's sister Yolanda and her husband Mark. Sorry Mark, I didn't get a picture with your eyes open! :-)
DSC_0342

Jeff's brother Matt and his family. Matt and Jeff are 11 months apart.
DSC_0344

We had a wonderful 1st Christmas with our precious baby boy. Best wishes for the New Year! We are looking forward to what is to come in 2010!

1 comment:

nest of posies said...

what a cutie you have! how darling is that red & white strip outfit!
nothing sweeter then a little one's first christmas! how exciting. thanks for your sweet comments on my B/F post. even though, i wrote it so long ago...it really is one of my faves for 2009.
happy new year to you & your beautiful family & many blessings!
kellie