Monday, November 2, 2009

Mom Update 11-2-09

I can't thank you enough for your kind and compassionate words and most of all, your prayers, after my last post about Mom. I thought I would give you an update.

The good news...Since Saturday, it seems as though Mom has felt better. I haven't seen her since Friday, but I noticed that there was a huge difference in her ability to communicate with me on Saturday. She actually talked to me for quite a while without falling asleep or saying crazy things that didn't make sense. Her "jerking" mannerism has subsided as well. Since then, she has had 3 pretty good days. She went for a walk last night, has been sitting up in the chair, was able to take a real shower yesterday and got her catheter out today. That has to make anyone feel better!

The not so good news...The doctor told her that she may be feeling better on the outside, but her kidneys are not much better on the inside. Basically they have an infection and he said that it would be a long road ahead either getting the kidneys to function again if they even would. He doesn't know when she might be able to come home. They are looking at a possible rehab facility where she could continue to get the dialysis treatments for now. They are also monitoring the fluid build up on her lungs. They did an x-ray today to look at the fluid. I am not sure what the outlook on that is right now.

So, I ask you to continue to pray! I will keep you updated...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm sorry that she can't come back home right now. I know it has to lift her spirits to be around little Hayden. He is such a BABY DOLL! OMG! I look at his little pictures and just want to eat him up. I can't believe we haven't gotten together yet. Soon! They should play well together now. Your Mom is so strong, when I think of her I see her smile and feel a warm hug. She's always loved on all the kids that have come into contact with her, including me. I remember lots of hugs, and encouragement from your momma in high school. I know God is watching over her and she is on my heart. Please call me or email me, keep me informed if you need anything.