Tuesday, June 16, 2009

2 months

.
DSC_0477

Yesterday, June 15, our baby boy became a two month old! Where does time go? He is truly the love of our lives and we can't imagine our life without him.

What is Hayden up to these days?
Sitting up with support and holding his head up very well for a few minutes.
Likes to kick and spat at the air with his hands.
Clearly focuses on those close to him and speaking to him.
Cooing regularly...has conversations with you. :-)
Very alert and LOVES to be talked to!
Recognizes Mommy and Daddy and will turn his head to see us/follow us.
Will smile every once in a while, but not a clear emotion quite yet.
Will try to climb up your torso when being held.
Tummy time is not his favorite thing. We have to get better at this!
Going about 4-5 hours between most feedings at night.
Still sleeping in his swing most of the time. Some naps on his stomach. Still does not like to lay on his back while sleeping.
Getting better about not fussing with diaper changes.
Still taking Prevacid for reflux. No longer taking oat cereal in the bottle (only did this about a week).
Wear a size 1 diaper.
Outgrown all the newborn outfits and are into your 0-3 months.

DSC_0478

Today we had our 2 month well check. Hayden weighed 10 lbs, 5 oz. (gain of 2 lbs, 1 oz) (25%), was 22 1/4 inches (gain of 1 1/4 inches) (25 %), and his head measured 15 3/4 (50 %). He also got 5 shots. Poor baby! We thought it was only going to be 3, but they were out of one that is usually combined together. It was awful!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeff had to keep blowing in his face to make him catch his breath. It was so sad! Jeff and I were both fighting back the tears! Check out all these bandaids.

DSC_0475

We talked to the doctor about his sleeping. Obviously he can't sleep in the swing forever or even much longer. We talked about how he really doesn't like sleeping on his back, or simply won't do it much. The doctor said he gave us "permission" for him to sleep on his tummy all the time (not just at naps when we watch him like a hawk.) I guess we have some decisions to make and some praying to do. Of course, like any parent, we want what is best and what will make him happy. I will keep you posted. For tonight, I think it is a swing night. :-)

And just for kicks...I thought this picture was so funny!

DSC_0483

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Poor baby, that is a lot of band aids!! I am not looking forward to the shots!

Cute pictures of Hayden!!

Let me know how the sleeping on the tummy works out. Payton really likes to sleep on her tummy. But I do the same, I watch her like a hawk. She sometimes digs her face into the mattress, so that scares me. I know that she would sleep so much better through the night if she were on her tummy, but I don't think I am ready to do that yet. Or should I say she isn't ready yet. Her head still isn't strong enough.

The Barner Bunch said...

That last picture made me laugh out loud. It's almost like you mentioned getting another shot and he freaked out! ha
You know how I can tell he is filling out??? Check out those little feet and legs! WOW! So adorable. I'm going to come see y'all soon!