Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Outing

Tonight was our first outing, just Hayden and I. To where you might ask? Sonic! I was dying to get out of the house, so I decided to take Hayden for a ride. I seriously broke a sweat carrying him in his car seat to the car. Then, it took me like 5 minutes to get all the mirrors and my seat adjusted. I drove UNDER the speed limit the whole time riding the white line. I felt like I was 16 again trying to pass my driving test. It was so weird to look back and see him in the mirror. I was praying he wouldn't start screaming because I didn't know what I would do then. But, he didn't! He was PERFECT! And the strawberry limeade was better than ever!

It's the small things that matter so much these days...

2 comments:

The Barner Bunch said...

Ahhhh girl...don't you just learn to appreciate the little things in life like a drink from Sonic.
You cracked me up with your post. I can just see you!
I did a lot of praying too when I would take Barrett out. I think he knew that he better not cry or else we would have BOTH been crying!!!!

The Fenter Funny Farm said...

He's so cute Megan! Glad all is going well...

Pam