Tuesday, April 7, 2009

7 lb baby!

I went back to the doctor today. I had my sonogram first and they measured Hayden at 7 lbs 2 oz. That means he has grown 1 1/2 lbs in less than two weeks! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!! I told Jeff I was going to have to lay off the Blue Bell...Hayden must be a Blue Bell lover like his Mommy and Daddy! They also told me that they saw some calcium deposits on the placenta. At this point they are not too concerned about it. You can go here to find out more about placenta calcification.

After the sono, I went to see my doctor. Almost croaked when I saw my weight. I am definitely going to attribute it to water retention (or the Blue Bell)! :-) My blood pressure was high today for me and definitely high for the normal person without chronic hypertension. They took it a couple of times before and after my appointment and it was quite high and then had me lay down and it was better. So, they increased the amount of medicine I am taking for it and told me to monitor it closely for now. My doctor didn't check me today for dilation/thinning, but the sonogram showed a little thinning of the cervix but he said at this point they can't tell real well on the sono. It is a lot more accurate when checked by the doctor. Also, my group B strep test came back normal. YEA!

I have felt pretty good the past couple of days. I do feel like I have had some contractions, but none happening consistently.

I go back to the doctor next Wednesday. I 'll keep you posted!

No comments: