Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Break!

For Thanksgiving, everyone on my moms side of the family was able to be together at my grandparents home in Fort Worth. This is definitely a rarity! It was great to see my Aunt Kathy from Vegas and my cousin and her family from Lake Tahoe, CA. I was so proud of myself...I got up at 5:30 that morning to start cooking the ham and I also took a fruit salad (delicious-a staff members recipe!).

Jeff and I both missed Thanksgiving on his side of the family the Saturday before. He was out of town on a hunting trip and I attended a wedding that evening. So sad! I did get some leftovers the next day. Yum!




So, after thanksgiving dinner my dad and I packed up Thanksgiving leftovers (yum!) and headed West to our deer lease again for the next 4 days. Jeff worked Thursday, Friday, and Saturday so he wasn't able to join us. It was nice to spend that time with my dad. My dad killed another nice 8 point on Friday and yes, baby Smith and I killed a 9 point on Saturday night. I had to include the last picture of our deer lease transportation get-up. It just makes me laugh. We call this vehicle our "Exploder". Let me tell you, it has heat, comfy seats, lots of room for our stuff, and a rack for our deer on the front. What more could you want? I am sure you are all dying inside too thinking that you can't believe there is this side of me! I am a country girl at heart...what can I say?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yuck you are cracking me up!

Jennifer said...

Oh, and I love the Thanksgiving picture. I feel like you can really tell your pregnant!