Friday, August 5, 2011

More Hay…

Dad has been hauling a lot of hay in from other places this summer!  Especially lately.  He isn’t making any hay due to the extreme temperatures, lack of rain this year, and a crazy crop of grasshoppers.  So, he is having to feed it to his cows through the summer and preparing for the winter. 

DSC_0363  DSC_0360

Hayden is obsessed with saying hay, more hay, and tractor.  Probably the words that frequent his vocabulary the most.  Other than, cake and cookie of course.  Ha!

We have been playing  a lot of “more hay” ourselves lately! 

DSC_0358

Hay can be red and blue right?

DSC_0357

Gotta line them up…perfectly.

DSC_0356

Lexie and Kagan let us “borrow” this truck one day when we were over at their house.  Hayden didn’t want to leave it behind.  Imagine that!

DSC_0355

Gotta have the tractor to load and unload the hay and feed the cows!

DSC_0359

Did I mention that Hayden likes tractors?  I mean, he eat, sleeps, begs and pleads, tractors.  Matter of fact, he has a tractor in his hand right now as he takes his nap.  Nothing makes him happier than a tractor ride with his Pawpaw or Granddaddy!

DSC_0032

DSC_0035

In other news.  I killed this little snake right out the front door a couple of nights ago.  EWWWW!!  DON’T. LIKE. SNAKES!!!  In all these years of living in the country, I don’t think I have ever killed a snake myself.  YUCK! 

DSC_0349 DSC_0348

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, very impressed that you killed the snake!!!

Kristin said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I do not like snakes either!! WOW!! I would have FREAKED out!!!!!!!

That is cute that Hayden uses those blocks as HAY! And that truck and tractor are so cute!!

Marla said...

I am also impressed your snake killing skills!! I would not have been brave enough!! I so NOT like snakes either! At all!

Unknown said...

I love this post, my little boy is in LOVE with tractors, as well! I couldn't find a place to leave a comment on the above post, but the recipe on that post looks like a dream! I would LOVE to make that soon!
--Kelly f.

Kelly said...

Do you think maybe Hayden could be a future FFA State President? Ha! We gotta start early! He is such a country boy! Maybe bc hay is in his name.

Jennifer said...

OH MY GOSH! I WOULD HAVE BEEN FREAKING OUT!

Jamie said...

I would have easily passed out at the sight of that snake!