Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Full Weekend…A Reunion and a Wedding

We have a full fun-filled weekend!  This weekend we had the Kelso Family Reunion (Jeff’s Mom’s side) and Chance and Stefanie’s Wedding (My brother’s stepson).  

The Kelso Reunion was held in Oklahoma at the Texoma Christian Camp.  Corene was raised in OK and most of her siblings still live there.  Jeff, Matt, and Cole left early Friday morning to meet Jeff and Matt’s Uncle Bub to play a round of golf at Chickasaw Pointe, one of the top rated golf courses in the nation.  Brooklyn spent the day with me while Sherry spent the day at work.  I have to say, it was quite nice having Brooklyn here.  Her and Hayden played and played and I felt like I really got something accomplished.  You know, fun stuff  like all the laundry done and put away, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned the toliets, etc.  :-)  Don, Corene, and Yolanda went early on Friday to do some shopping and get everything ready to go!  Sherry, Brooklyn, Hayden, and I left late Friday afternoon to head up there.  Our car was packed full…all for one night. 

When we got there, we visited and ate sandwiches.  Then, it was off to get settled in our home away from home.  Gotta love  church camp bunk beds!  I can honestly say it worked out great.  We had our own “room”, everything was clean, and we were right there at the facility. 

DSC_0253

Hayden loved playing with  his cars on every bed and zooming his cars on the concrete floors.

DSC_0254

After getting settled in, visiting,

DSC_0255

playing dominoes,

DSC_0258

and eating lots of cookies,

DSC_0259DSC_0260 

LuLu, Matt, Sherry, Cole, Brooklyn, Hayden and I decided to go for a late night swim in the pool.  Jeff had already been up for about 30 hours so he went to bed.  Showered and put Hayden to bed around 10:00 PM and then it was time for the Phase 10 battle between the rest of us.  I love that game!  There was lots of trash talking (everyone except me of course) but I WON!!  WAHOO!  I did real good until close to the end and I almost didn’t win!  :-)  I think most of us slept pretty good except Sherry.  She was worried about the outside doors that didn’t shut, the light that kept coming on and off, the fan she didn’t hear, and everything else she could think of.  Ha! 

Saturday morning, we had one yummy breakfast!  The works…bacon, sausage, homemade buttermilk pancakes, hashbrowns, eggs, etc. 

DSC_0280 DSC_0279

We spent Saturday eating, playing games, and visiting with everyone.  Hayden and I did sneak away for a couple of hours for a nap.   

DSC_0262 DSC_0261

The camp facility is right on the lake, so Hayden loved looking out the windows, going outside, and venturing down the boat ramp to check out the boats. 

DSC_0273 DSC_0266

Matt and Sherry wanted their picture taken and were giving Brooklyn a hard time about wanting in their picture. 

 DSC_0274  DSC_0276

Love these…

DSC_0277 DSC_0278

I am pretty sure Hayden talked just about everyone into playing with his tractor before the weekend was over.

DSC_0295

Before we leave we try to get everyone to take family photos.  Not always the easiest task!  I think we have about decided we need to do it first thing when you come in next year before we get all hot and sweaty!

Corene (in the pink) and her siblings (missing one). 

DSC_0286

Mark, Clayton, and Grayson.

DSC_0301

Matt, Sherry, Brooklyn, and Cole.

DSC_0303

Us.  How do you like Hayden’s wild hair?  That boy played hard!

DSC_0305

Family…

DSC_0298 DSC_0289 DSC_0290 DSC_0291 DSC_0293 DSC_0296 DSC_0297

Unfortunately, I didn’t get pictures of everyone!  I am so sad I didn’t get one single picture of LuLu (Yolanda). I am quite sure that is because she spent just about every second in the kitchen cooking and getting things ready for the next meal.  She and Corene did so much work ensuring that the reunion was a success!  It is always fun to go, but we are all so tired when its over! 

I left a little early Saturday afternoon to head to McKinney to hang out with the Barner’s for a bit and get ready to head to Chance and Stefanie’s wedding that was in Irving.  Pam, I went right through Celina.  I had no idea I would do that or I would have called you ahead of time.  I though Celina was just beautiful!  And the high school…wow!  I felt like I drove all over the world by the time I got home last night (or the wee hours of the morning) from the wedding.  I’ll leave you with this picture and finish up that post tomorrow!  

DSC_0328

1 comment:

The Barner Bunch said...

Great pictures! The reunion seriously looked like "camp"!! (So did your car loaded down) haha
The pictures are great!
I want BOTH dresses (the one in the pics and the one you wore to the wedding)!!!!